Benchtron - Model BF Series - Downdraft/Backdraft Workstation
The Filter 1 Benchtron Downdraft/Backdraft Workstation removes dust, fumes, and smoke from sanding, grinding, buffing, or welding of metals, composites, fiberglass, plastics, or wood. The Benchtron meets OSHA requirements for respirable dust down to .05MG/M3, with adjustable suction velocities of 150 to 800 FPM in the 'working zone.' High efficiency filters remove 99.9% of all particles 1/2 micron and larger. The unit features automatic self-cleaning, flourescent lighting, and the Regain Air, 'Push/Pull' technology pioneered by Filter 1 to provide a blanket of clean air in the 'breathing zone.'
The standard design includes a 3 phase TEFC motor with starter and rubber vibration mount, a magnahelic guage, and sound insulation to less than 78 db. The Benchtron is available in configurations of one work surface or two, for sitting or standing.
A Filter 1 best selling product for more than 15 years, the Benchtron Workstation offers the following advantages over the standard industry downdraft table:
- Regain Air: a portion of the clean, filtered air is returned through a plenum across the top of the station to form a Clean Air Curtain, pushing the contaminants away from the worker's breathing zone.
- Transparent Enclosure: High-grade plastic panels or moveable clear vinyl curtains contain the contaminants within the workstation environment.
- Backdraft Plus Downdraft: Source capture is maximized by pulling dust down and away from worker breathing zone.
- Integral Dust Collector: High-efficiency cartridge filters are vertically oriented for optimal loading and cleaning, as well as longer filter life.
- Edge-to-Edge High Velocity: With large diameter, backward-inclined airfoil blower wheels, the Benchtron provides consistent velocity across the work surface, even for stations up to 12 feet long.
- Leg Room: Every Benchtron station is built with leg room so workers may sit or stand.
- Variable Dimensions and Configurations: Optimized for the size of the operation, amount of available shop space, and number of workers, the BENCHTRON may be single or double (back-to-back), up to 48 inches deep and up to 12 feet long. In a large capacity unit with dual worksurfaces, industries can gain the advantages of the Benchtron features and performance at a price that is competitive with a multiple of cheaper, lightweight downdraft tables.
- Custom Design: Filter 1 customizes the Benchtron for special needs, including features such as a slotted crane roof, pneumatic turntable for lifting and spinning parts, or an adjustable up-and-down table.
- Custom Sizes to Fit Your Application
- Carbon After Filters
- Odor Absorption Modules
- Sound Attenuators
- Work Surface Grating: Wood, Metal, Galvanized, Stainless Steel, Non-scratch Fiberglass, or Rubber
- Various Hole Size Grate
- ASHRAE or HEPA Safety Filters
- Safety Monitor Gauge and Alarm
- Spark Trap for Welding or Heavy Grinding
- Various Filter Media for Special Applications
- Slotted Regain Roof for Loading of Heavy Parts via Overhead Crane
- Motor Starters and Electrical Disconnects with Transformer for Cleaning Circuit Control and Lighting
- Auxiliary Air and Power Outlets
- Compressed Air Regulators and Filters
- High Temperature Cut-off of Blower
- Fire Sprinkler Heads
- Pneumatic Turntable for Lifting and Spinning Parts
- 'Off Line' Cleaning