BioBarrier - High Strength Membrane Bioreactor (HSMBR)
The BioBarrier HSMBR (High Strength Membrane Bioreactor) Systems help meet the increasingly stringent needs of specialized applications. The membranes and processes used in this advanced system act as an impenetrable physical barrier for nearly all common pollutants found in wastewater today. The advanced technology offers the highest quality effluent possible on the market. The BioBarrier MBR was the first system to be approved for water reuse (NSF/ANSI Std 350, class R) by the NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) International.
- Residential Multi-Family Building/Clustered
- Municipal Pre-treatment/Distributed systems
- Commercial Building(s)/Properties
Why BioBarrier HSMBR?
Designed specifically for high strength commercial water reuse applications, the BioBarrier HSMBR provides the highest quality effluent when needed most. Multiple BioBarrier module sizes provide flexible, innovative recycling and reuse options to reach the next level of sustainable development. BioBarrier is also designed specifically for the unique needs and characteristics of the onsite and decentralized wastewater industry making it the most advanced system on the market.
- Extremely consistent, high effluent quality
- BOD less than 5 mg/L
- TSS less than 2 mg/L
- Turbidity less than 0.2 NTU
- Fecal coliform less than 200 CFU/100 mL (without disinfection)
- Nutrient removal capability
- Smaller footprint
- Simple operation
- Consistent effluent quality despite influent wastewater characteristics
- Low sludge production
- Energy efficient
Recycle, Reuse…Right Now
The BioBarrier HSMBR helps to meet the increasingly stringent needs of these specialized applications. BioBarrier’s low-foul, durable, flat-sheet membranes utilize micro-sized pores for physical separation of solids from the wastewater. The system’s unique operation sequence requires no complicated backwash functionality and is completely automated using an advanced control strategy. The pre-engineered, modular MBR ships installation-ready and fits easily into both new and existing tank configurations. BioBarrier’s high-quality effluent provides new opportunities for wastewater recycling techniques that will have dramatic, positive effects on water resources around the globe.
Finding the right size…
BioBarrier HSMBR treatment systems are engineered for residential strength wastewater in three specific sizes based on daily wastewater flow. The flow for a residence is usually determined at the local regulatory level. Typically each bedroom is assigned a value for the number of GPD of wastewater it will contribute to the overall sewer. The flow for a residence is usually determined at the local regulatory level. Typically each bedroom is assigned a value for the number of GPD of wastewater it will contribute to the overall sewer.
- Local Regulatory Guidelines (State, County, City…)
- Number of Bedrooms/Persons of occupancy
BioBarrier HSMBR Available Sizes
- BioBarrier HSMBR 1.5 1500GPD 5675LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 3.0 3000GPD 13500LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 4.5 4500GPD 17034LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 6.0 6000GPD 22712LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 9.0 9000GPD 34069LPD
BioBarrier HSMBR-N Available Sizes
- BioBarrier HSMBR 1.5-N 1500GPD 5675LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 3.0-N 3000GPD 13500LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 4.5-N 4500GPD 17034LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 6.0-N 6000GPD 22712LPD
- BioBarrier HSMBR 9.0-N 9000GPD 34069LPD