bioFAS - High Rate BioFilter (HRBF) Systems
From Fixed Film Systems
Our bioFAS Integrated Fixed Film Activated Sludge (IFAS) system uses naturally occurring bacteria to remove nutrients from wastewater with a patented design that will enhance your level of treatment while making the process easier to manage. Cost effective (Low lifecycle costs). Simple to install. No extra space needed – can be retrofitted in existing basins. Minimizes additional operating costs. Provides additional treatment capacity in existing tanks. Provides for advanced wastewater treatment. Extremely reliable and robust process. Consistent environmental compliance.
Our unique bioFAS filter cord media produces exceptional results, the product of years of research in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
- In-house manufacturing and development
- State-of-the-art manufacturing equipment
- Latest filtration designs customized for your needs
- Superior performance consistently delivered
- bioprocessH2O makes filters and media in-house
bioFAS filters can function as a high-rate trickling filter or a submerged IFAS system for any size facility. Using bioFAS, he same volume of wastewater can be treated with a smaller volume tank than in an extended air system.
- No additional steps or tanks are needed to achieve a higher degree of treatment. Submerge bioFAS in your aeration tank. Or for smaller installations, add a high-rate trickle filter. Increase your biomass without needing to expand your facility.
- Since the bacteria are fixed, and suspended in the water, clogging and sludge problems are greatly reduced. There is no need to recycle treated water to re-introduce bacteria. bioFAS is a one-way, optimally efficient process.
- Since the bacteria are fixed, and stay in the tank for a long period, the best bacteria to process your particular waste stream will thrive by a process of natural selection. Even in a combined system that is periodically flushed by stormwater, the microbes are ready to go to work as soon as wastewater flows.
- Our robust patented Engineered Composite Filter Media never need maintenance, replacement, or back-flushing, under reccommended operation.
- Modular design makes it easy to expand.
- Our expert staff and pilot systems deliver the right-size solution.
Media frame dimensions can be easily modified to fit new or existing system tanks. The media frames are supported by a stainless steel structure that bioprocessH2O provides. Media frames can be deployed in High-rate BioFilter (HrBF) systems or in submerged applications with aeration. if aeration is not already provided or not adequate, media frames can be delivered with diffusers to optimize aeration and mixing of wastewater through the media.
- Efficient Reduction of BOD
- Nitrification of Ammonia
- IFAS (Integrated Fixed Film Activated Sludge)
- Minimal Operator Attention
- Single-pass Biofilm Treatment Process
- Load Responsive
- Robust Biofilm Process
- Minimal System Maintenance
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
- Food & Beverage
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment
- Landfill Leachate