BioMicrobics BioBarrier - Model MBR - Greywater Treatment System
BioMicrobics BioBarrier MBR Greywater Treatment System designed to treat wastewater from the sink, drain(s), and shower/bath(s) often exceeding typical local regulatory requirements! For a total greywater treatment and water recycling system, the system allows all used water from showering, laundry, washing drainage to be cost-effectively treated and reused for external non-potable uses; i.e. equipment cleaning, irrigation for lawns, living walls, flowerbeds/landscapes, and green roofs, water features/fountains, dust control, cooling towers, flush water and a variety of other water reuse applications.
The BioBarrier MBR (Membrane BioReactor) System utilizes industry leading immersed membrane technology. Our MBR Technology Maximizes Water Reuse: The need for water recycling and reuse is growing rapidly as water becomes an increasingly precious commodity. The same NSF 350 certified, BioBarrier membrane bioreactor (MBR) technology used in our wastewater treatment systems are scaled for greywater-only applications and extremely effective for in commercial and residential applications to ensure maximum water reuse and efficiency:
- help conserve natural resources
- protect ground/surface water
- overcome land constraints
With an active aeration system in the treatment tank, the BioBarrier MBR Greywater Treatment System allows for reliable permeate flow, eliminates clogging, and delivers exceptional effluent quality from greywater sources in a cost-effective and easy to operate the system. The low-foul, durable, flat-sheet membranes utilize micro-sized pores for physical separation of solids from the greywater. With an active aeration system in the treatment tank, the pre-engineered, modular system ships installation-ready and fits easily into both new and existing tank configurations. BioBarrier’s high-quality effluent provides new opportunities for water recycling techniques that will have dramatic, positive effects on your property.
- Produces unmatched, high-quality effluent creating new opportunities for water reuse.
- Strong and durable components provide long lasting performance.
- Ships installation ready making it easier to install, operate, and maintain than other types of treatment systems.
- Advanced features, pre-engineered, and modular design all work together to bring superior technology at an affordable price.
- Immersed membrane technology allows for installation into a smaller footprint with both above or below ground tank options.
- Best in class performance from an industry leader. The BioBarrier MBR is the first system to receive NSF/ANSI Standard 350 certification for water reuse!
- SaniTEE Effluent Screening Device: ready for installation into the settling tank prior to the treatment tank.
- BioBarrier Membrane BioReactor: durable, pre-engineered module ready for placement into the treatment tank.
- BioAeration Grid System: designed for greywater application, includes air grid, blower, and blower vent.
- Filtrate Pump: to extract your ultra-filtered, treated wastewater from the membrane module.
- Timer and High-Level Alarm floats: assures proper operating water levels and notification of any abnormalities.
- Control Panel: Easy to operate and view with maximum settings for proper operation of your BioBarrier System.
- Installation Kit: including necessary connectors and parts with easy to understand installation instructions.
Finding the right size…
BioBarrier treatment systems are engineered for residential strength wastewater in three specific sizes based on daily wastewater flow. The flow for a residence is usually determined at the local regulatory level. Typically each bedroom is assigned a value for the number of GPD of wastewater it will contribute to the overall sewer. The flow for a residence is usually determined at the local regulatory level. Typically each bedroom is assigned a value for the number of GPD of wastewater it will contribute to the overall sewer.
Local Regulatory Guidelines (State, County, City…)
Number of Bedrooms/Persons of occupancy
BioBarrier Available Sizes
- BioBarrier 0.5 500GPD 1892LPD
- BioBarrier 1.0 1000GPD 3784LPD
- BioBarrier 1.5 1500GPD 5675LPD