Specially formulated bio-remedial agent for hydrocarbon contamination in soil and is effective down to about 36 deep. Remediact is a innovative concept in the remediation of soil saturated with hydrocarbon contaminants. It is designed to allow industry to clean-up & restore soil to its pre-contaminated condition. Remediact™ is a natural absorbent that has been specially treated with hydrocarbon digesting microbes. These microbes have the ability to turn most hydrocarbons (see below) into carbon dioxide (CO2) and water. When used according to the directions Remediact™ safely and effectively solves your contamination problems with very little labor and equipment expense, thereby making this product an essential part of your pollution control efforts.
How To Use This Product
The following are general directions for the use of Remediact. Each situation & site may vary as to contamination levels and terrain but the directions below should “cover” most situations.
- Use 2 lbs. of Remediact per cubic yard of contaminated soil.
- Till Remediact with either a rototiller or suitable equipment in order to insure a homogeneous blending of this product with the soil & maximum contact of the Remediact with the hydrocarbons.
- Moist soil (water wet) will help to distribute the Remediact.
- After tilling is complete, wet the area thoroughly with a solution of the enclosed blue “micronutrient crystals”. There are four (4) nutrient packets enclosed. Mix each packet with 150 gallons (3-55 gallon drums) of water. This mixture is not critical but it will give you the most effective result when treating 15 cubic yards.
- Try to maintain a moisture level of about 30% to 40%. This moisture level is reached when the soil has the consistency of “soft mud”.
- If possible, wait approximately 3-4 weeks and re-till the soil and add water to provide the moisture levels as above.
Where To Use This Product
The following is a partial list of the hydrocarbons that Remediact can remediate.
- Diesel fuel
- Heating oil
- Lubricating oil
- Paint thinners
- Mineral spirits
- Motor oil
- Jet fuel
- Cutting oils
- Crude oil
- Organic pesticides
- Organic herbicides
- Transmission fluid
- Organic solvents