Since 1985 BMS has been the leading Irish manufacturer of Package Sewage Treatment Plants, serving population equivalents (PE) typically from 20 PE to 2,000 PE. Ongoing Research & Development has brought the BMS Blivet to the world stage, now in 37 countries worldwide and licensed to manufacture in Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand and South Africa.
Since its inception, BMS has been a Research & Development led organisation. In 1986 it launched the BMS Aerotor as a unique, patented, combined active aeration & fixed film bio-reactor. From this successful product, the need to eliminate in-situ tank construction was identified. Further R & D led to the first BMS Blivet in 1989 - The first 'All in One' package sewage treatment concept.
By the end of 2009 nearly 450 Blivet units have been manufactured in the BMS facility in Longford, Ireland. As of the end of 2009, exports of the Blivet exceed 40% of Blivet Sales.
The BMS Blivet consists of the following main features:
- Primary Settlement - Lamella Plate Settler
- Aerobic Treatment - BMS Aerotor
- Final Settlement - Lamella Plate Settler
- Sludge Storage - Minimum 3 months
- Minimum Maintenance - Typically 1 man hr/month
- Low Power Usage - Largest unit consumes only 4,950Kwhr/year
- Above or below ground - All purpose GRP Steel Reinforced Tank
- Security - Lock down covers provide protection & safety
- Net Hydraulic Lift - Outlet is 150mm higher than inlet
- Modularity - Units can be expanded in parallel
- Flexibility - Units can be operated in series for nitrification/denitrification
*Transport weight without operating load.
** This model design under review.
*** All Units are 2.028m high and 2.27m wide except B300 which is 2.86m x 2.75m.
- Housing Schemes
- Holiday Resorts
- Caravan Parks
- Mine Camps
- Golf Clubs
- Mobile Applications
- Temporary or Emergency Use
- Visitor Centres
- Military Installations
- Existing Plant Upgrades
- Pubs & Restaurants
- To Percolation/Ground Soakage
- UV Disinfection
- Direct Discharge to Receiving Waters