Bollegraaf - Model BOSS 2.0 - Recycling Equipment Safety System
Recycling company workers are exposed to significant health and safety hazards in the workplace with heavy machinery such as balers, conveyors and shredders. By taking additional, precautionary measures, dangerous situations and potential accidents can be avoided. B.O.S.S. 2.0 ensures your sorting and recycling system complies with the European safety standard EN 16252:2013, and that safety requirements are met. The standard states that horizontal balers, fed by conveyors, require additional emergency stop devices to be fitted to protect a fallen person on the conveyor. B.O.S.S. 2.0 provides a very good solution to make your system EN 16252:2013 compliant, especially if the horizontal section of a feeding conveyor is placed in a pit. The system is certified according to the EN ISO 13849-1 PL c safety standard.
Employees who work in the pre-determined protective zone around the machine in question wear a chargeable operator badge. This operator badge is programmable, and adjustable up a range of 15m. The functioning of the badges can be checked by a self-test, that has to be performed before each shift of maximal 8 hours.
The system monitors the position of the operator and ensures that when an operator is in a hazardous area, e.g. the press or shredder units, the machine is brought to a halt. The badges and the antenna on the installation have an invisible detection field. If these two fields overlap the badge will produce an audible warning and will vibrate. The signalling unit on the installation will put out an optical and acoustic alarm and will bring the installation or machine to a halt through the emergency stop circuit.
- Creates safer working practices for personnel and improves the overall safety.
- Offers your personnel maximum protection, through the machine shutdown system, which will work regardless of the consciousness of the employee.
- Makes your system compliant with international safety standards (EN 16252:2013).
- Simplifies your safety system with one single system for balers and shredders.
- Can be easily installed on new and existing installations.
- All settings can be adjusted to customer specific situations, providing a tailor-made solution for safeguarding dangerous areas.