- Grinds samples even with high contents of water, fat or fiber
- Trace element analysis due to inert high quality ceramic knife
- Microbiological testing using autoclavable materials
- Resistant to low temperatures in case of frozen samples
Easy to use
- Straightforward grinding process
- Automatic speed adjustment in case of unexpected high friction
- Meets highest demands of safe operation and functionality
- High recovery rates and low standard deviations due to good particle size distribution
- No thermal decomposition by short grinding times
- No carry-over effects by facilitated cleaning procedures
- Contaminant-free grinding using the ceramic knife
Crude or total fat, lipids (after hydrolysis) / Contaminants: food, food contact materials, processing / Residues: pesticides, veterinary drugs / Flavors and odors
Crude fat, total fat
The BUCHI Mixer B-400 can process the widest variety of sample matrices. The application range can be extended further using different accessories.
The BUCHI Mixer B-400 reduces the number of essential analyses per sample due to the complete homogeneity of samples.
For trace element analysis, the homogenized sample must be free of contamination. The B-400 is available with components in contact with the sample made of borosilicate glass, inert plastics (PP and PEEK), or titanium. The cutting knife is high quality ceramic.
For microbiological sample testing, sterility is an absolute requirement. A PVDF membrane permits autoclave sterilization of all components contacting the sample.
The B-400 has been awarded the official GS mark for 'Tested Safety' - meeting maximum requirements on safe operation and functionality. A major feature: The knife of the mixer can only rotate with the safety door closed. If the door is opened while mixing is in progress, the knife stops automatically.