BÜCHI - Model E-816 ECE - Automated Continuous Extraction Unit
From Extraction Solutions
Perform economic fat determination in food and feed samples with the E-816 ECE (Economic Continuous Extraction). The automated continuous extraction method ensures simple method selection and easy operation. Highest solvent recovery and reduced solvent consumption guarantee cost savings.
- Low solvent consumption due to the compact design of the glass assembly
- More than 90% recycling yields thanks to minimized solvent emission and cooled tank
- Quick and simple method selection thanks to intuitive solvent library
- Minimal operator intervention thanks to easy sample loading
- Increase operator availability due to unattended process for walk-away
Fast and reliable
- Up to four times faster compared to extractions using classical glassware
- High reproducibility and reliable results thanks to continuous extraction method
- Automated and compliant Twisselmann extraction (according to ISO, etc.)
- High speed heating due to ceramic plates and individual heating zones
Easy to understand from the beginning. Choose your solvent and respective settings are loaded. No time-consuming application work necessary.
Insulated tank with condenser, no unpleasant odor even with petroleum ether.
Ceramic surface with integrated individual heating zones. Every heating plate reaches boiling point within five minutes.
Official method for many extractions, e.g. total fat determination. Low solvent consumption due to the compact design of the glass assembly.
The beakers are specially designed for the BUCHI extraction units. The bottom of the beaker is perfectly plane, which gives excellent heat transfer. The lip of the beaker is manually polished to ensure the best tightness of the system.
The temperature difference between the boiling point of the solvent and the cooling water temperature should be 20-25°C in order to achieve good condensation of the solvent in the condenser and to achieve a good solvent recovery throughout the extraction.
For a wide range of applications in the scientific research as well as for academic education
Nutraceuticals / Herbal and dietary supplements / Plant toxins / Monitoring of active reagents
Crude fat, total fat
Crude or total fat, lipids (after hydrolysis) / Contaminants: food, food contact materials, processing / Residues: pesticides, veterinary drugs / Flavors and odors