BÜCHI Rotavapor - Model R-220 Pro - Industrial Evaporation System
The Rotavapor R-220 Pro family includes four platforms to meet the challenging needs of scale-up and production laboratories: maximum flexibility with the widest variety of glass assemblies, high performance for fastest distillation rates, continuous operation with automatic draining and refilling, and an economical model to cover essential needs.
Easy and safe
- User-friendly design with programmable methods guiding through SOPs, automatic distillation even of challenging foaming samples, and remote monitoring on mobile phone with push notifications
- Convenient flask handling with patented BUCHI flask coupling and unique flask handler
- Maximum safety guaranteed by plastic coated glassware (P+G) and additional protection shields and grids
- Four R-220 Pro platforms to match your specific needs: maximum flexibility, highest performance, large volumes or essential demands
- Seven glass assemblies available for various uses, including distillation of foaming samples, recrystallization under reflux and height restrictions
- System extension easily possible with a wide range of accessories, such as automatic foam detection, temperature monitoring, coolant flow control and many more
Made to last
- Enhanced lifetime through exclusive use of corrosion-free stainless-steel
- No risk of product contamination by use of highly chemical resistant materials
- Seamless 24/7 operation thanks to robust industrial design
The combination of the detachable 8.7' capacitive touchscreen and additional navigation and emergency stop hard keys allow for maximum usability and remote control.
At one glance
The user-friendly interface gives a comprehensive overview of settings, current readings and progression graphs of relevant process parameters at any time.
Foaming samples are no longer a problem: The AutoDest function and the foam sensor guarantee for safe and automatic distillation even of challenging samples.
Customized standard operating procedures (SOPs) provide convenient user guidance through the process and push notifications to mobile phones if attention should be required.
Safety features include plastic coated glassware (P+G), over-temperature protection, over-pressure release, bath overflow drain, spring-supported valves for glass breakage prevention as well as remote control and monitoring.
The robust design and the use of premium quality materials allow for extensive operation under harsh production conditions and guarantee a for long product lifetime.
The AutoDist function guarantees safe and automatic distillation without having to worry about the right settings, even with tricky samples.
Constant monitoring of foaming products is no longer necessary. The unique foam sensor detects foam and responds with a brief shot of air, which breaks down the foam without stopping distillation.
Virtually unlimited choice of flasks
A laboratory rotary evaporator is not always available. But by using a flange adaptor, evaporating flasks with a capacity of 1, 2 or 3 L can be used on the Rotavapor R-220 Pro.
In the drying process, the product is frequently distributed throughout the glass apparatus, resulting in the loss of a certain amount of the valuable product. That can be prevented by using a vapour duct with integrated glass frit.
Defined concentration of a sample to a specific volume is achieved by the receiving flask level monitoring function. Distillation is stopped when the selected volume is distilled out.
Safe flask handling
The universal manual flask handler simplifies fitting and carriage of the hot and wet or oily flask. It also ensures that the flask can be safely set down and emptied.
Cooling water monitoring
An optional cooling water sensor stops the distillation process if the cooling water flow is insufficient and so ensures that no solvent vapours are released into the laboratory air.
One of the most important parameters for correct and efficient distillation is the cooling temperature. This sensor, which can be easily integrated in the tubing, measures that temperature and indicates it on the Rotavapor.
- Dimensions (WxDxH): Max. 1200 x 710 x 1750 mm
- Weight: Max. 100kg
- Voltage: 200 V, 230-240 V, 400V
- Frequency: 50 / 60 Hz
- Standards: UL / CSA
- Glass assembly: 9 different safety coated configurations
- Rotation speed: 5 - 150 rpm
- Heating bath: Ambient to 180°C
- Used materials: Housing Stainless steel 1.4301; bath Stainless steel 1.4404