Bulb Eater - Model 3 - Lamp Crusher
Single model capable of crushing straight linear lamps of any length, u-tubes, & CFL's. Crushes a 4-foot fluorescent lamp in less than 1 second. Reduce labor by up to 20 hours per 1,000 lamps. Save up to 50% on recycling costs. Minimize storage space by up to 80% with lamp crusher. The most fun you can have disposing of lamps!
The Bulb Eater® 3 is the next generation of Bulb Eater® Lamp Crusher which crushes spent fluorescent lamps of any length into 100% recyclable material while capturing over 99.99% of the vapors released. The system, which is mounted onto a 55-gallon container, can hold up to 1359 4-foot fluorescent lamps
The Bulb Eater® 3 lamp crusher unit is equipped with a side-mounted dust filter unit containing the highest quality HEPA filter available. This works in conjunction with an activated carbon filter located in a steel canister. The activated carbon filter actively captures and neutralized the mercury vapor released from the lamps during crushing. A recent study showed non-detectable levels of escaped mercury vapor even after crushing 1500 lamps (Bulb Eater® 3 Air Emissions Report). The Bulb Eater® 3 features a new 5 stage filter system, a digital control with LCD display, self-diagnostic fault codes, and a higher motor speed for increased lamp waste per drum.
In addition to providing OSHA and ACGIH compliance, the Bulb Eater® 3 lamp crusher frees up valuable storage space normally filled with boxes of spent whole lamps, reduces handling and related labor costs, and typically cuts recycling costs by 50% or more.
- 5 stage filter system
- On Board controls with Intelli Technology
– Additional sensing points that assists with machine diagnostics and maintenance/filter change-outs
– LCD display that displays which mode the machine is in and any defaults that might occur
- Currently over 10,000 Bulb Eaters in use worldwide
- CFL/U-Tube Chute now available! Call for More information
- Eliminate storage hassles - Reduce your needed storage space for lamps by crushing up to 1350 T8 4' lamps per 55-gallon drum (The Bulb Eater® lamp crusher crushes all length lamps, see a picture to better visualize size reduction).
- Reduce handling - Handle your spent bulbs once. Simply roll your Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system on a 55-gallon drum dollie (sold separately) to the work area or into a storage area. Save roughly 20 hours of labor per 1000 lamps by crushing rather than boxing the lamps!
- Safer work environment - EPA studies show an estimated 2-3% accidental breakage rate while boxing lamps prior to pickup. The 0.001% emission rate from the Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system provides for less mercury vapor emission. Your workers are not only safer, but your liability is reduced!
- Cut costs - By pre-crushing the lamps, facilities are able to save money on their lamp recycling costs. Savings are typically anywhere from a dime to $1 per lamp!
- Nationwide recycling program - Enjoy 'special' discounted national rates for lamp recycling. Fully permitted trucks are used for transportation and Certificates of Recycling are provided once the lamps are recycled.