BWB - Model XP - Flame Photometer
From Flame Photometers
Ready to use straight out of the box! General Purpose Flame Photometer! The BWB XP is the first and only 5 channel flame photometer with simultaneous detection and display of all 5 elements. The BWB XP was designed from the ground up, using new, innovative and modern technology to give unsurpassed levels of accuracy, usability and reliability while significantly reducing analysis time. Our customers do not need to waste valuable time changing filters and re-calibrating when a different measurement is required, as is a common requirement in all other Flame Photometer designs from 1951 to the present.
With clean lines and contemporary bright colour schemes, the XP looks exceptionally modern and will fit into any laboratory. The instrument has a large LCD display, which can be viewed easily from any angle.
Our metal casework provides a sturdy portable instrument and enables future recycling opportunities. ROHS compliant components and materials are used wherever possible.
The BWB Carbon Footprint is exceptionally low, in keeping with corporate objectives of being a responsible manufacturer.
Unlike other manufacturers who charge extra for vital accessories, BWB include everything required to use the product straight out of the box. Just add Gas!! (Propane, LPG or butane).
We also provide as standard, data sharing via USB from the BWB XP to your PC. This ties the output of the BWB Flame Emission Spectrometer (FES) to the Internet or your company intranet systems and facilitates Distributed Control which is vital for Multi-National companies, Universities and various Governmental agencies.
The BWB XP is the greatest advance in flame photometry for 30 years!
- Simultaneous detection and display of all 5 atoms of interest
- Intuitive user interface for true ease of use
- Display prompts step by step operation
- Built-in air compressor
- Solutions and labware included
- Data sharing via pc link via usb
- Operator independent determination of results
- 5 user selectable units of measure
- User selectable decimal places
- Integrated printer option uses readily available paper
- IQ, OQ, PQ web-based certification available: IQ OQ PQ is completely unique in the analytical instrumentation arena. Available in english, russian, german, mandarin, french and spanish.more languages in development
- Correction of ca for the interference from high levels of NA
2 – 3.5ml/min
Silicone and Tygon®
Required desk space for Instrument
50cm (H) x 45cm (W) x 45cm (D)*
For Safety reasons the Flame photometer requires 1m of unobstructed space above to allow dissipation of heat from the chimney.
XP Flame Photometer
51cm (H) x 38cm (W) x 41cm (D)
(20in x 14in x 16in)
62cm (H) x 55cm (W) x 47cm (D)
(24in x 22in x 19in)
XP Flame Photometer – 15.3kg (33.7lbs)
Shipping – 25kg (55.1 lbs)
Single point calibration
Na 0.1 – 60ppm
K 0.05 – 100ppm
Li 0.05 – 50ppm
Ca 1.0 – 100ppm
Ba 1.6 – 100ppm
Multi Point Calibration
Na 0.1 – 1000ppm
K 0.05 – 1000ppm
Li 0.05 – 1000ppm
Ca 1.0 – 1000ppm
Ba 5.0 – 3000ppm
less than 1% Coefficient of variability for 20 consecutive samples over ten minutes at concentrations of 100ppm or less. (After instrument stabilisation).
Na/K/Li = less than 0.5% to each other when equal in concentration at less than 100ppm
Limit of detection (LOD) and limit of quantification (LOQ)
Na – 0.03ppm Na – 0.1ppm
K – 0.02ppm K – 0.05ppm
Li – 0.02ppm Li – 0.05ppm
Ca – 0.3ppm Ca – 1ppm
Ba – 1.6ppm Ba – 5.0ppm
Time to stability
Less than 15 seconds after sample is introduced into the flame.
Simultaneous measurement of Na, K, Li, Ca, Ba
0-2.5 volt output (based on sample concentration linked to element of users choice)
Optional 4-20mA output in place of the above
Optional integrated printer
.csv and .pdf generated reports and files via FP-PC software
Recommended minimum warm up time based on ambient temperature
21ºC – 40 minutes
100V – 250V AC at 50 or 60Hz automatically selecting
Propane, Butane or Natural Gas* regulated to 19Bar. Flow rate of 0.4l/min
*with modifications. BWB Technologies recommends either Propane or Butane for optimum results.
LCD, four line, alpha numeric, back lit.
- PC Leads USB and RS232
- Selection of 3 Power cables to suit all regions
- Gas Hose
- Propane Adapter
- Aspiration Kit
- Manuals covering all aspects
of the XP FP
- Quick Start guides
- Warranty Registration Form
- Certificates of analysis for all
- Material Safety Data Sheets for all provided Fluids
- The FP-PC Software installation USB
- 1L of BWB recommended
- 150ml calibration fluids for all 5 elements at 10,000ppm.
- 100ml conical flask with screw lid
- 100 disposable sample cups
- 1L of De-Ionised water
- 2m of waste tube
- Set of spare fuses
- 10 x 10ml pipettes
- 10 x 1ml pipettes