Campbell Scientific - Model SR50A-L - Sonic Distance Sensor
- Wide operating temperature range
- User-selectable options for output
- Rugged enough for harsh environments
- Uses a multiple echo processing algorithm to help ensure measurement reliability
- Compatible with most Campbell Scientific data loggers
The SR50A was designed to meet the stringent requirements of measuring snow depth, and it uses a multiple echo processing algorithm to help ensure measurement reliability.
SDI-12, RS-232, and RS-485 output options are available for measuring the SR50A. Campbell Scientific’s MD485 interface can be used to connect one or more SR50A sensors in RS-485 mode to an RS-232 device. This can be useful for sensors that require lead lengths that exceed the limits of either RS-232 or SDI-12 communications.
The SR50A replaced the SR50 in March 2007. The newer SR50A is smaller and has different output options than its predecessor. The SR50AH is available with a heater option for locations where rime ice is a problem.