Carbolite - Model HTRH-10-100-600 - Glove Box Furnace Systems for Tube Furnace
Carbolite Gero offers customised glove box furnace systems for tube furnaces up to 1800°C and chamber furnaces up to 3000°C. All furnaces are available in manual, semi-automatic or fully automated PLC control versions with mass flow controllers. Inert gas control for furnaces included. Comprehensive safety packages for reactive furnace gases such as H2, CO, CO2, H2S, H2O, CH4 and Ethene available, other gases on request. High vacuum turbo pumps are available for tube furnaces up to 1450°C and chamber furnaces up to 2200°C. The size of the glove box, the number and size of the air locks and the number of gloves suit the customer’s requirements.
- Tube furnaces up to 1800°C
- Chamber furnaces up to 3000°C
- All glovebox sizes available
- Front loading furnace
- Bottom loading furnace from ceiling of glove box
The atmospheres and pressures inside the glove box are limited by the built standards of general glove box constructions. Most customers choose either nitrogen or argon in a slight over pressure for the glove box atmosphere to protect the samples from oxidation. Alternatively underpressure for personnel protection is also available.
The two most popular furnace loading concepts are:
- horizontal loading of the furnace chamber through the side or back wall of the glove box
- vertical loading of the furnace chamber with a furnace above the glove box. An automated mechanism moves the sample into the glove box.
- Front loader chamber furnace with glove box – HTK furnace available up to 3000°C here with automatic touch screen PLC control, high vacuum turbo pump and special convection molybdenum fan for improved uniformity at low temperatures
- Front loader tube furnace with glove box - HTRH 18/100/600 with 600mm heated length up to 1800°C with an usable inner tube diameter of 88mm and two manual gas controls for Argon and formation gas (5% hydrogen and 95% nitrogen)
- Detail picture of a HTK front loader furnace with glove box – Left the furnace door, the furnace loading mechanism in the middle and right the glove box air lock
- Detail picture of a HTRH tube furnace with glove box – manual loading of the tube furnace by a long tray with integrated radiation shields
- This pair of furnaces is built into a glove box and used in the nuclear industry as part of the process of containing nuclear waste. The furnaces are designed to meet the rigorous requirements typical in this industry.
- 7 meters high vertical split tube furnace with glove box – HTRV-A 16/100/4000 with 4000mm heated length divided in 8 zones up to 1600°C with an usable inner tube diameter of 88mm for production of experimental advanced fibers under inert gas atmosphere