CBS ArcSafe SecureConnect™ - Remote Operator
CBS ArcSafe® is pleased to introduce the SecureConnect Remote Operator for Allen-Bradley® CENTERLINE® 2100 Motor Control Centers (MCCs), allowing technicians to operate the SecureConnect safety system from up to 300 feet away, well outside the arc-flash boundary.
The SecureConnect Remote Operator system is compatible with Allen-Bradley CENTERLINE 2100 MCCs with the SecureConnect option. Designed in cooperation with Rockwell Automation, the 13-pound SecureConnect Remote Operator allows technicians to remotely disconnect an individual plug-in unit or motor control bucket from the CENTERLINE vertical power bus while the enclosure door is closed and while standing up to 300 feet away. Prior to the introduction of the SecureConnect Remote Operator unit, the technicians manually operated the SecureConnect while standing in front of an MCC. However, while the enclosure door provides some protection, distance is safety when it comes to avoiding arc-flash injuries. The new SecureConnect Remote Operator allows technicians to operate the CENTERLINE optional safety system from up to 50 feet via wired tether or up to 300 feet using CBS ArcSafe’s wireless pendant.
Remotely Disconnect Power from the Bus
SecureConnect Remote Operator System utilizes a multipoint validation system that confirms for operators when the unit or motor bucket power has been withdrawn from the vertical bus and can be manually withdrawn from the MCC. By isolating an individual MCC unit from the power source, the remaining MCC unit can continue to operate without disruption, thereby reducing the need to completely shut down the equipment and impact other processes. A pair of limit switches inside the SecureConnect™ mechanism of the plug-in unit separately measure the position of the motor control contactors and the shutters on the MCC unit. Safe conditions are shown by a green LED light, while a red LED indicates that the unit is still connected to an energized bus or that arc-flash danger is still present.
Installation and operation of the SecureConnect Remote Operator System is quick, simple, and does not require any modifications to the existing electrical equipment. This new remote operator is the latest addition to CBS ArcSafe’s line of remote racking and switching solutions for circuit breakers, switchgear, and motor controls, which includes the RRS-2 BE universal remote racking system designed specifically for motor control applications.
As with all CBS ArcSafe products, the SecureConnect™ Remote Operator enables automated remote operation from up to 300 feet and increases operator safety by minimizing exposure to harmful voltages and the consequences of arc flash. It also streamlines maintenance schedules by reducing downtime.
- Places operator outside the arc-flash protection boundary
- Reduces operator fatigue
- Minimizes maintenance downtime
- No equipment modifications required
- Remote Switch Actuators – View our full line-up of remote switch actuators, designed to remotely charge, close, and/or trip various styles and types of electrical equipment.
- Remote Switch Operators – View our full line-up of remote switch operators, used in conjunction with a remote switch actuator to remotely operate various types and styles of circuit breakers, motor control, switches and control circuits.
- Single-Use Portable Remote Racking Tools (RRS-3) – View our full line-up of portable, standalone devices designed to remotely rack a single type/style circuit breaker.