EUROPELEC - Central Drive Thickener
The job of the EUROPELEC CENTRAL DRIVE THICKENER is to thicken sludge from municipal or industrial wastewater treatment plants. It can be used in small or medium-sized installations. Effluent is channelled to the centre of the tank in the influent well where it is spread evenly and without turbulence over the thickening zone. The clean effluent is collected over a saw toothed outlet weir. Vertical pickets attached to the drive shaft are used for removing gas from and thickening the sludge. The thickened sludge is guided to the centre of the tank by adjustable bottom scrapers. From the sludge well, they are carried to the final treatment stage by hydrostatic pressure or pumping. The thickener is designed for tanks 3 to 13 m in diameter.
The main components of the EUROPELEC thickener are as follows :
- a gear motor adequately dimensioned for the force to be supplied ;
- a spur gear drive ;
- a central tube, guided at the bottom by a fixed bearing and connected to the spur drive gear at the top ; two arms comprising spacers and spiders to which the vertical pickets and the sludge scrapers, which can be adjusted to the slope of the bottom, are attached ;
- a set of tension rods to stiffen the metal structure.
The main materials used are hot dip galvanised steel and stainless steel and electromechanical parts are painted with rust inhibitor.
Its function is to thicken to a maximum the sludge from urban and industrial waste water treatment plants. It is used in small or medium sized installations.
The effluent is channeled to the centre of the tank well, from wich it is spread evenly and without turbulence over the thickening zone.
- The clean effluent overflows at the periphery, over a saw toothed outlet weir.
- The degassing and thickening of the sludge is done by the vertical pickets attached to the central drive shaft.
- The thickened sludge is brought in toward the centre of the tank by ajustable scrapers. From the sludge hopper, the sludge is drawn off either by hydrostatic pressure or by pumping, towards the final processing aera.
The Europelec thickener is made up mainly of the following :
- an oversized geared motor, with respect to the required torque
- a spur gear drive
- a torque drive tube guided by a bottom bearing and linked at the top to the spur gear drive
- the vertical pickets and the adjustable botton scrapers, fixed to the two truss arms
- a set of tension rods to stiffen the entire metal structure.
The unit is protected by hot galvanization, for the metallic parts, and by two coats of rust-proof paint, for the electromechanical parts. (optional : aluminium or stainless steel).
The unit structure has been oversized so as to provide reliable and durable mechanical operation.
Reviews have been disabled for EUROPELEC - Central Drive Thickener.