CeraQ - Ceramic Ultrafiltration Membranes Module
From QUA Products
Due to the rigid material of construction, CeraQ ceramic ultrafiltration membranes offer high quality filtration in virtually any environment. The ceramic membrane has various applications, mostly in treating very difficult to treat water and wastewater, or where high temperature operation is involved. The ceramic membrane is a very viable technology for produced water treatment. CeraQ modules consist of 3.5 mm ID ceramic tubular elements potted into bundles for various surface area requirements. The alumina based ceramic membranes have proprietary coating which ensures long service life and a high degree of permeance recovery. Other features of CeraQ modules include their durability and material stability cleaning the membrane with aggressive solvents if required.
CeraQ filter modules are available in four different pore sizes in the microfiltration and ultrafiltration ranges: 0.4, 0.05, 0.01 and 0.005 micron. The various pore sizes address diverse applications with a high degree of particulate removal at a higher flux. CeraQ is ideal for applications where conditions are not well suited for polymeric membranes such as wastewater with high fouling and/or high process temperatures.
QUA’s CeraQ ceramic membrane modules are designed for challenging water and wastewater applications. The CeraQ modules consist of 3.5 mm ID ceramic tubular elements potted into bundles for various surface area requirements. The module is capable of removing virus, bacteria, colloidal matter, submicron or micron sized suspended particles, oil and organics from a wide range of fluids, including drinking water and industrial wastewater to economically meet variety of treatment objectives or to recycle and reuse wastewater.
- Well defined pore size distribution in comparison with polymeric membranes, resulting in high degree of particulate removal at higher flux.
- Alumina based ceramic membranes with proprietary coating ensures long service life and a high degree of permeance recovery.
- Material stability in harsh environments and compatible with aggressive cleaning chemicals (if necessary).
- Various pore sizes address diverse applications covering Micro and Ultrafiltration range.
- Surface water filtration
- Drinking water filtration for removal of bacteria/virus. Achieves 10-log bacteria and 4-log virus removal.
- RO pretreatment to replace existing chemical pretreatment for the production of industrial process water.
- Recycle & reuse of challenging Industrial and oily wastewater applications where polymeric membranes fail due to heavy fouling.
- Membrane Material
- Mechanical Integrity
- Membrane Configuration
Value to Customer
CeraQ membranes are specially developed for waste water applications and prepared from low cost inorganic oxides, are simple to extrude, and are fired in furnaces under air atmosphere
Higher Quality Filtration
Stronger more durable membrane layers make our membrane layers much more resistant to cracking, delamination, and chemical attack particularly when subjected to aggressive thermal cycling.
Tubular configuration eliminates dead pockets which results in reducing fouling of membranes.
- Filter Media: Inorganic alumina based
- tubular membranes with
- proprietary coating
- Housing: PVC/CPVC, Steel, SS
- Seals: Buna or Viton O-rings
- Pore size: 0.4, 0.05, 0.01, 0.005 μm
- Operating mode: Dead-end or cross flow
- Mounting: Horizontal or vertical
- Operating Pressure: 30 to 60 psi
- ΔP terminal: 20 to 60 psi
- Operating Temperature: up to 90°C (194°F)
- Maximum Temperature: 110°C (230°F)
- pH: 2 to 11