Cerex - Model UV 3000 - Air Quality Mobile Laboratory Multifunction Analyzer System
Cerex UV 3000 model analyzers are in use worldwide in process monitoring, stack monitoring, and mobile air quality laboratory applications. The UV3000 features outstanding flexibility and is well suited for a range of custom cross process or stack applications.
- Cross process pipe adapters
- Fast UVDOAS acqusition cycles
- Operator specific control outputs
- Extended temperature control options for extreme environments
- NEMA enclosure
The Cerex UV3000 is a multifunction analyzer designed to detect part per billion (ppb) to percent level concentrations of multiple gases within a mixture. The UV3000 measures gas concentrations utilizing light absorption from a long path beam of UV radiation coupled to a variety of external sample cells and probes. A broadband miniature spectrometer collects the gas fingerprint data and the advanced software compares the results to a calibrated reference, or “library spectra”. Ultraviolet spectroscopy principles are similar to common infrared methods, but offer lower detection capability for many chemicals associated with impact on Human Health. An onboard or external PC reports reliable real-time concentration data up to once per second and stores all spectral data for later post processing or archiving.
Common applications for the UV3000 include measuring Ammonia (NH3), Chlorine (CL2), Sulfur Dioxide (SO2), and BTEX amongst many more. The UV3000 comes in a NEMA4 rated enclosure for outdoor environments, or a 19 inch rack mount enclosure.
The UV3000 is a versatile device ready for gas detection and analysis with the flip of a switch. Within seconds the sampling system is operating and reporting data on the built in touch-screen. Despite the advanced detection system employed in the UV3000 series, accurate results can be achieved out of the box. No “Lab Experts” required here. The hard work is performed automatically inside the UV3000 so you don’t have to.
The UV3000 detects gas concentrations by measuring UV absorption – the unique drop in the UV intensity within a particular wavelength region where the target gas or liquid absorbs. The sample is measured in a fiber coupled external cell connected to a process stream, or drawn into the cell using the optional sample pump. Also available is a zero air or calibration gas port for easy calibration verification and cell purging. The UV3000 uses a miniature spectrometer fiber coupled to an external optical sample cell to acquire and measure the spectral finger print of each target compound within a mixture for accurate qualitative and quantifiable analysis.
Identification and Quantification
The sampled gases create a unique absorption pattern in the UV spectrum when referenced to a UV spectrum without the gases. Using a proprietary algorithm, the absorption pattern, spectra, is compared with calibrated reference libraries to analyze the match, or fit, of the sampled gas spectra. The concentration is determined by taking the amount of UV absorption of the sample and comparing it to the concentration of the calibrated library spectra. The degree of fit is reported with an R2 value for qualification along with the computed concentration in ppb.
Data Quality Assurance
Our advanced software utilizes a proprietary photometric Differential Optical Absorption Spectroscopy (DOAS) algorithm, which eliminates the need to take clean air backgrounds. All the calculations are performed on an onboard or external PC which runs userfamiliar Windows XP. The system can be span checked at any time, however, the measurement and analysis method employed in this system has the true calibration inherent in the fixed library references. Unless there is a system fault, calibration is never needed. The system is self-compensating for all normal sources of drift found in analyzers including temperature, aging of the lamp, degradation of the optics, etc.
The UV3000 reports real-time data on the optional front panel display, or remotely through Virtual Network Computing, VNC, using wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi, or optional onboard server software. Additionally, concentration data is available through wired or wireless serial transmission, 4-20mA output, and 0- 5VDC analog voltage. All spectral data is also stored locally on the internal solid state disk which can be copied onto a standard USB key.
All Cerex analyzers come with proprietary Continuous Monitoring Software, CMS, for data collection, analysis, and charting. CMS provides operators with stand alone process monitoring and control with sample specific integrated programmable relays and analog outputs. For quality assurance, control, and calibration checks, the user friendly interface features real-time charting of all analyzer functions and stores all raw sensor data for records or post processing analysis.
The UV3000 is available with a variety of options based on detection level capabilities. Available options include a sample pump and purge port, wireless serial transmission, 4-20mA outputs, and relay controlled outputs.
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3kg)
- Dimensions: 30″ x 30″ x 16″ (76.2cm x 76.2cm x 40.6cm)
- Deuterium Power: 4A/2A @ 110/220 VAC
- Operating Temp: 32°F – 100°F (0°C – 38°C)
- Input Voltage: 100VAC to 240VAC , Single Phase 47-63Hz
- Input Current: 4A Max
- Operating Ambient Temperature: 0 to +45ºC
- Storage Temperature: -10 to 60ºC
- Operating and Storage Humidity: Below 80% (Non-condensing)
- Dimensions (Rackmount): 19.00” x 22.00” x 6.98” (48.3 x 55.9 x 17.7 cm)
- Dimensions (NEMA4): 20.00” x 20.00” x 6.00” (50.8 x 50.8 x 15.2 cm)
- Deuterium Lamp Life1: 2000 Hours Minimum
- Xenon Lamp Life: 2000 Hours Minimum
- Xenon Flash Life: 109 Flashes (Approx. 2-3 Years)
- Available Spectral Range: 185nm – 1100nm
- Spectral Resolution: 0.05 – 0.5nm
- Drift: ±0.3%/hr Typ.
- Accuracy: ±1-3% Typ.3
- Precision: ±1% Typ.3
- Minimum Response Time: 1 Hz
- Sample Pump Rate2: 6 LPM
- Sample Pump Life2: 20,000 Hours
- Wetted Cell Materials: Aluminum, 304SS, 316SS, Glass, PVDF, or PTFE
1 4000hr lamp available. 2 Included with optional sample pump. 3 Accuracy and Precision values are installation specific.
Cerex places customer service and support as its highest priority. We encourage the customer to be informed upfront of the pros and cons of each system and competing technologies. Cerex is committed to long standing relationships with their customers that do not end after the sale of an analyzer. This commitment to customer satisfaction combined with our rugged and reliable analyzers is unmatched. Additionally, due to the high level of skilled handwork in the production of our analyzers, Cerex offers custom designed and built analyzers to its customers at no additional charge. Combined with our manufacturing efficiency, Cerex provides ideal analyzers for your application quickly and at reasonable cost.
- 1,3 Butadiene (C4H6)
- Acetaldehyde (C2H4O)
- Acetone (CH3COCH3)
- Acrolein (C3H4O)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Benzene (C6H6)
- Carbon Disulfide (CS2)
- Chlorine (Cl2)
- Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2)
- Ethyl Benzene (C8H10)
- Formaldehyde (CH2O)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Isoprene (C5H8)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Naphthalene (C10H8)
- Nitric Oxide (NO)
- Nitrogen Dioxide (N2O)
- Nitrous Acid (HNO2)
- Oxygen (O2)
- Ozone (O3)
- Phenol (C6H5OH)
- Styrene (C8H8)
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)
- Toluene (C6H5CH3)
- Trimethylbenzene (C9H12)
- O-Xylene, M-Xylene, P-Xylene (C8H10)
- Weather Proof Enclosure: Provides a NEMA 4/12 enclosure for exposed locations.
- Hazardous Location Enclosure: Provides a stainless steel NEMA 4X enclosure with purge kit.
- Integrated Controller: Integrated data acquisition and remote management with wired or wireless ethernet.
- Analog Outputs: Adds analog voltage or 4-20mA output channels. Requires integrated controller or external PC.
- Serial Outputs: Adds RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 output over a wired or wireless platform. Requires integrated controller or external PC.
- Alarm Outputs: Adds switched outputs based on software programmable alarm levels. Requires integrated controller or external PC.
- Wireless Range Extension: Extends wireless range of integrated controller up to 3.7 miles (6km).
- Hot Environment Operation: Extends operating temperature to 0°F – 140°F (-18°C – 60°C).
- Cold Environment Operation: Extends operating temperature to -20°F – 100°F (-29°C – 38°C).