Cerex - Model UV Hound Series - Portable UVDOAS Multi-gas Analyzers
The Cerex Hound series point gas detectors are portable multi-gas analyzers developed to detect part-per-billion (ppb) to percent level concentrations of multiple gases within a mixture. The Hound produces laboratory quality results in real-time using ultraviolet light absorption – similar to traditional infrared detectors, but features lower detection limits on many human health hazards and does not interfere with water vapor. All Hound series analyzers come standard in a weather-resistant case with an integrated display, active ambient air sampling, and wireless communication. The FR options are well suited for smoky or dusty environments with a faster sample rate and replaceable glass fiber sub-micron sample filter.
World’s first portable continuous Benzene specific monitor!
Detects Ammonia, BTEX, Chlorine, Mercury, and many more compounds simultaneously in real time.
The Hound series analyzers are network ready providing remote data and alarm connectivity. Low cost of ownership is achieved with only two replaceable components and lifetime calibration.
Featuring PPB level detection limits and simultaneous multi-gas capability, Hound analyzers are the recognized choice for industrial hygiene, leak detection, HazMat first response, environment contamination and remediation, and portable indoor air safety monitoring.
- Multi-Gas Capability
- Individual VOCs
- PPB Sensitivity
- Non-Contact Optical
- Automated Reporting
- Configurable Alarms
- Cannot be Poisoned
- SAFER Systems
Hound: Our largest and most sensitive model. This unit offers our lowest detection limits with a standard 17 meter sample path. Depending on your application, the path length may be increased up to 22 meters for a 20% improvement in detection capability. Ensure work areas are free from VOCs and other toxic compounds with the Hound. The Hound is equipped with wheels for rolling transport.
The Hound series represents the market’s most cost effective solution for continuous monitoring of ppb levels of Benzene-C6H6. The detection technology used by the Hound series achieves real time speciation of BTEX components directly without the use of one time use gas membranes used by other manufacturers. In addition to all BTEX components the Hound series easily detects Ammonia-NH3, Nitric Oxide-NO, Nitrogen Dioxide-NO2, and Sulfur Dioxide-SO2 satisfying your monitoring needs with one analyzer. Many other gas compounds are available for measurement so inquire today!
- Individually monitor regulated VOCs without cross interference
- Inherent calibration: No Bump Calibration, Ever!
- Touchscreen Interface
- User configurable audible and visual alarms
- Integrated WiFi
- Configurable Email alerts and data logs
- Universal data file output
- Low cost of ownership
- Simultaneous multi-gas detection capabilities
- Unaffected by humidity
- Part per billion minimum detection limits
- Cannot be Poisoned
Cerex UVDOAS Delivers What Other Technologies Cannot
Unlike Electro-chemical, PID, FID and GC/MS based detection methods, Cerex Ultraviolet Differential Optical Absorption, UVDOAS, delivers simultaneous monitoring of ppb levels of individual VOC species like Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, and Xylene in real time. The method is unaffected by ambient humidity, requires no sample conditioning filter change prior to monitoring, requires no carrier gas, requires no wet chemistry, and incurs no analytic costs or sample handling costs. Results are immediate, and the raw data containing all the information necessary for gas identification and quantification is always saved.
UVDOAS Principle of Operation
Similar in principle to more expensive FTIR, UV-DOAS offers better detection limits at lower cost without interference from water vapor. Unlike PID and FID, UVDOAS can identify individual gas compounds in real time without specialized one time use filters. The technology works by directing a UV beam through an ambient air sample then into a high resolution miniature spectrometer where the unique wavelength dependent absorptions due to target gases are individually measured and recorded. A classical least squares regression analysis compares the measured absorption spectrum to calibrated reference absorption spectrum files. Beer's law is then used to determine gas concentrations per USEPA TO-16 Methodology. Hound series analyzers will detect many gases simultaneously at ppb concentrations within complex mixtures.
Single Gas Minimum Detection Limits
Powerful SAFER Systems Integration
Hounds utilizing a WiFi network, optional serial RF network, or optional Cellular Modem add powerful integration with new or existing SAFER Systems real time monitoring and reporting networks. Cerex Monitoring Solutions works with SAFER Systems to ensure seamless integration of all its analyzers in facilities protected by SAFER Systems plume modeling and emergency management software. Inquire today on how to add Cerex's powerful multi-gas analyzers to your emergency response program.
Integrated Meteorological Monitoring
Definitive data support is available by ordering a Hound analyzer with integrated temperature and 3-D ultrasonic wind modeling hardware. All data parameters are integrated into CMS data tables, and the anemometer is tripod mounted for rapid deployment.
External Battery Systems
Hound analyzers utilize a quick change internal lithium polymer battery. Battery options include spare batteries and external batteries which extend continuous monitoring capability to 17 hours in the absence of power without recharge.
Additional Sensor Capabilities
Up to six additional sensors may be added to the Hound, four to the Mini Hound and three to the Micro Hound to provide monitoring of gases not sensitive to UVDOAS technology. Data from additional sensors is fully integrated into CMS and displayed per acquisition cycle as well as integrated into CMS data summary tables. Below is a table of commonly requested additional sensors. Additional sensors must be ordered at the time of manufacture, or the analyzer returned to Cerex for retro-fit.
- 38.12' x 16' x 6.12'
- (96.8 x 40.6 x 15.5 cm)
- 55 Lbs (25kg)
- MINI HOUND
- 22.07' x 17.92' x 10.42'
- (56 x 45.5 x 26.5 cm)
- 53 Lbs (24kg)
- MICRO HOUND
- 22” x 13.81” x 9”
- (55.9 x 35.1 x 22.9 cm)
- 46 Lbs (21kg)
- Charging Input Voltage
- 100VAC to 240VAC ,
- Single Phase 47-63Hz
- Input Current: 4A Max
- Operating Ambient Temperature: 0 to +45°C
- Storage Temperature: -10 to 60 °C
- Operating and Storage Humidity: 0-90% Non-Condensing
- Lamp Life: 4000 Hour Manufacturer Warranty
- Internal Battery Life (TYP): 3.5 Hours, optionally to 16 Hours
- Spectral Range: 195nm to 400nm*
- Spectral Resolution: 0.05nm –0.20nm*
- Intake Particulate Filter: 0.3 Micron
- Sample Intake Rate: 80 LPM
- Sample Probe Length: 3 meters, with quick connect fitting
- *Dependent upon spectrometer installed.
- 1,3 Butadiene (C4H6)
- Acetaldehyde (C2H4O)
- Acetone (CH3COCH3)
- Acrolein (C3H4O)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Benzene (C6H6)
- Carbon Disulfide (CS2)
- Chlorine (Cl2)
- Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2)
- Ethyl Benzene (C8H10)
- Formaldehyde (CH2O)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Isoprene (C5H8)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Naphthalene (C10H8)
- Nitric Oxide (NO)
- Nitrogen Dioxide (N2O)
- Nitrous Acid (HNO2)
- Oxygen (O2)
- Ozone (O3)
- Phenol (C6H5OH)
- Styrene (C8H8)
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)
- Toluene (C6H5CH3)
- Trimethylbenzene (C9H12)
- O-Xylene, M-Xylene, P-Xylene (C8H10)
- Integrated Controller: Adds integrated data acquisition and remote management with wired or wireless ethernet.
- Analog Outputs: Adds analog voltage or 4-20mA output channels. Requires integrated controller or external PC.
- Serial Outputs: Adds RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 output over a wired or wireless platform. Requires integrated controller or external PC.
- User Configured Alarm Outputs: Visible and auditory outputs based on software programmable alarm levels.
- Integrated Chemical Cell Detectors: Adds logging of a wide array of commercially available chemical detection cells for compounds not detectable by UVDOAS.
- Particulate Monitoring: Adds integrated particulate monitoring.
- Weather Monitoring: Adds wind speed and direction logging.
- Advanced Weather Monitoring: Adds wind speed, wind direction, 3D wind mapping, and air temperature logging.