Dimtech - Model Activated Carbon - Chemical filter
Odorkol Media demonstrates a high removal capacity for sewerage gases, including hydrocarbons, mercaptans, as well as chlorine and nitrogen dioxide.The activated carbon media shall consist of virgin grade, activated, non-impregnated carbon.
The Adsorptive Process
Odorkol Media shall remove contaminant gases by means of adsorption. Gases shall adhere to the surface of the media pellet during the adsorptive process.
Spent Odorkol Media should be dis- posed of according to local, state and federal guidelines.
- Easily incinerated for use as a fuel additive*
- If permitted by local, state, and federal governments.
- MOISTURE CONTENT: 2%
- HARDNESS NUMBER: 95 minimum
- APPARENT DENSITY/BULK DENSE PACK: 30.0 lbs/ft3 (0.48 g/cc) + 5% ASH: >10%
- CTC: 60% minimum
- NOMINAL PELLET DIAMETER: 4 mm
Odorkol Media shall perform effectively under the following conditions and guidelines:
- TEMPERATURE: -4°F to 125°F (-20°C to 51°C)
- HUMIDITY: 10 - 95% RH
- AIRFLOW: Odorkol Media shall be effective in Purafil ESD systems, including the Drum Scrubber with airflows from 100 to 1,000 CFM (170 to 1,699 m 3/hr), Tub Scrubber with airflows from 500 to 6,000 CFM (850 to 10,194 m3/hr) and Deep Bed Scrubber with airflows from 600 to 8,000 CFM (1,020 to 13,592 m3/hr). Odorkol Media shall also be effective in Vessel Scrubbers with airflows from 8,000 to 20,000 cfm (13,592 to 33,980 m3 /hr).