Chemtrol - Model PC2100 - Programmable Controller
The new CHEMTROL PC2100 Controller features automatic control of ORP and pH with display of the Langelier Saturation Index. It is an upgrade of the CHEMTROL® PC2000 controller with new, improved electronics, a large 8-line screen display, a USB port for easy datalog download and an optional new PPM SENSOR for precise monitoring and control of free chlorine levels in ppm or mg/l. Options include ppm readouts, conductivity (or TDS) and temperature monitoring and remote control with true duplex operation. Now with USB and Micro SD ports for easy program updates and data logging.
A FULLY PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER
The CHEMTROL® PC2100 controller is a simple and reliable programmable controllers that features automatic maintenance of water chemistry (pH and ORP) with acid or base feed, programmable superchlorination and chemicals savings cycles and display of the Langelier Saturation Index.
The Main Screen on the 8-line display enables the operator to supervise all process functions at a glance and to quickly respond to any changing condition.
The CHEMTROL® PC2100 controller operates like a computer with multi-line screen displays and direct access to all menus and submenus. The front panel keypad is used to move up and down each menu and enter or exit the submenus. All operating functions can be easily modified from the keypad, including sensor calibration, control setpoints, alarm levels and the programs for superchlorination and chemical savings.
- Feed Control Manual, ON/OFF, Proportional Feed, Timer
- Calibration 1, 2 or 3 points
- Langelier Index Scaling and corrosion alert
- Shock Program Superchlorination
- Savings Chemical saver programs
- Failure Analysis Dynamic Probe Testing with sensor failure warning for ORP and pH
- Data Logging On-board memory for 1,000 tests
- Data Printing Real-time with data logging or downloading from storage memory
- Languages English, French and Spanish menus
- Units US and metric systems
- Passwords Security protection with ten 5-digit codes with 3 different access levels
- Clock 24-hour universal clock/calendar
- Battery Maintains all settings in case of power shutdown
- Warranty Five (5) years warranty on PC boards
- ORP readout in millivolts with programmable oxidizer feed control,
- pH readout with programmable acid and base feed controls,
- Temperature readout in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius,
- Remote alarm (hot or dry contacts),
- Safety Flow Switch,
- USB and Micro SD ports for program updates and data logging,
- Rain and splatter proof NEMA Type 3R fiberglass cabinet (11x9')
- Free Chlorine sensor with replaceable membrane and 2-year warranty,
- Data Communications Modem and CHEMCOM® remote computer software for Windows,
- Flow Cell Assembly with clear cover, two control valves and sampling valve.
The 8-line Display Screen of the CHEMTROL® PC2100 Programmable Controller gives direct access to all the menus and submenus. Navigation between the menus and inside the menus is easily accomplished with the four directional arrow keys. Numerical settings can be changed with the ten-key keypad.
The ORP MENU includes selection of the control mode (Off, Manual, Auto or Timer), sensor calibration (1, 2 or 3 points), setpoint level, high and low alarms, shocking and chemical saver programs. It also displays the run time for the current feed event and cumulative run time. Shock treatment can be initiated manually or under programmable weekly or multi-weekly schedules.
The SANITIZER MENU is used to control the chlorine or bromine level in terms of sanitizer concentration (parts per million or milligrams/liter), obtained from the optional PPM sensor. The sanitizer concentration readings can be calibrated to account for the effect of cyanuric acid stabilization. Superchlorination can be initiated manually or under programmable weekly or multi-weekly schedules.
The pH MENU is used in the same way to select the pH control parameters using either acid or base feed or both. It also includes an Acid Wash program for periodic injection of an acid rinse solution to clean the heads of the sensors.
The TDS MENU is used to set automatic dumping (bleeding) of water when the dissolved solid concentrations becomes too high, selecting either a Conductivity or a TDS control setpoint to activate the dump valve. Refilling of water can be done simultaneously with a level control activated valve.
The Langelier Index calculates the saturation condition from the pH and Temperature sensor inputs and from manual data entry for Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness. The water saturation condition is constantly displayed on the Main Screen as either 'OK', 'Scaling' or 'Corrosive' using standard Langelier Index limits. If a scaling or corrosive condition develops, it is immediately indicated with a flashing display on the Main Screen. 'What if' analyses can be run at any time by manually entering different values for alkalinity, calcium hardness, pH and temperature.
The TEMPERATURE MENU is used to calibrate the temperature sensor using 1, 2 or 3-point calibration and to set high and low alarms. Temperature Sensor readings can be displayed either in degrees Farenheit or Celsius.
The SETUP MENU is accessed from the Main Menu by pressing the down arrow after reaching the bottom of the screen. This menu is used to modify the configuration parameters for initialisation, operations and communications from their initial defaut values. These values can be changed at any time or restored to the original default values.
With the Remote Operations feature, all facilities can be monitored by remote computer. This allows real-time supervision by management and remote troubleshooting by a CHEMTROL® Qualified Dealer or by the factory support department. The remote operation option makes it possible to control all operating functions from a remote PC computer. NOTE: The voice telephone communications option is available on the CHEMTROL® PC3000 and CHEMTROL® PC6000 Controllers.
Installation of the CHEMTROL® PC2100 controller is quite simple, as shown on the schematics below. To facilitate specification and field-installation, the following schematic drawings are offered in several formats: to be printed directly on a printer (acrobat reader pdf), or to be inserted directly into CAD drawings (AutoCAD format).