Chemtrol - Model PC7000 - Microprocessor Based Programmable Controller
The CHEMTROL® PC7000 is a microprocessor-based programmable controller for automated control of water chemistry and filtration. With its new PPM sensor for Free Chlorine and duplex operation by remote computer, it is the most advanced and most complete command center for automated water treatment in swimming pools, spas, cooling towers and industrial water treatment.
A FULLY INTEGRATED CONTROLLER
Water treatment for swimming pools, spas and industrial applications requires the combination of a number of physical and chemical processes, including pumping, filtration, chemical treatment, heating and water replacement. Because the processing equipment is made by different manufacturers and controlled individually, installation and operation of the system is complicated and inefficient.
The CHEMTROL® PC7000 controller incorporates all the features of operating functions for monitoring, control and communications into a single integrated command center designed around a powerful microprocessor. The integrated Main Screen display enables the operator to supervise all the process functions at a glance and to quickly respond to any changing condition.
The CHEMTROL® PC7000 controller operates like a computer with full-screen displays and direct access to all menus and submenus. The front panel keypad is used to move up and down each menu and enter or exit the submenus. All operating functions can be easily modified from the keypad, including sensor calibration, control setpoints, alarm levels and the programs for superchlorination, sequential backwashing, chemical saving and energy saving.
With the communications package, all facilities can be monitored either by remote computer or by telephone. This allows real-time supervision by management and remote troubleshooting by a CHEMTROL® Qualified Dealer or by the factory support department. The remote operation option features true duplex remote control by PC computer under Windows software, including bakground operation while running other programs. The voice telephone option includes status reports, operational control and automatic callout with voice message to up to three different phone numbers in case of emergency.
EXCLUSIVE PC7000 FEATURES
- Feed Control Manual, ON/OFF, Proportional Feed, Timer
- Calibration 1, 2 or 3 points
- Langelier Index Scaling and corrosion alert
- Shock Program Superchlorination and dechlorination
- Savings Chemical and energy saver programs
- Failure Analysis Dynamic Probe Testing with sensor failure warning for ORP and pH
- Data Logging On-board memory for 1,000 tests
- Data Printing Real-time with data logging or downloading from storage memory
- Languages English, French and Spanish menus
- Units US and metric systems
- Passwords Security protection with ten 5-digit codes with 3 different access levels
- Clock 24-hour universal clock/calendar
- Battery Maintains all settings in case of power shutdown
- Warranty Five (5) years warranty on PC boards
- ORP readout in millivolts with programmable oxidizer feed control
- SANITIZER readout in ppm or mg/l with programmable sanitizer feed control
- pH readout with programmable acid and base feed controls
- Temperature readout in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius with programmable heater control
- Bypass line with in-line filter, flow meter, safety flow switch, two control valves and sampling valve
- Sensor cleaning with programmable acid wash control
- Remote alarm (hot or dry contacts)
- RS-232 serial communication port
- Conductivity readout in microsiemens and TDS readout in ppm or mg/l with programmable dump valve control
- Programmable Feed Control for three (3) chemical additives
- Electronic Water Level Sensor with automatic fill valve control
- Flow Sensor with saddle clamp mount
- Seven-day main pump program
- Two (2) pressure sensors (influent and effluent) in psi or kg/cm2
- Six (6) relays for programmable sequential filter backwashing
- Data/Voice/Communication Modem
- CHEMCOM® remote computer software for Windows
- Voice Telephone status reports
- Remote Telephone Control of activator modes
- Telephone Alarm Callouts to six(6) memory-stored numbers
- Rain and splatter proof NEMA Type 3R fiberglass cabinet (15x13')
The Main Display Screen of the CHEMTROL® PC7000 Programmable Controller gives direct access to all the menus and submenus. Navigation between the menus and inside the menus is easily accomplished with the four directional arrow keys. The numerical settings can be changed with the ten-key keypad.
The ORP MENU includes selection of the control mode (Off, Manual, Auto or Timer), sensor calibration (1, 2 or 3 points), setpoint level, high and low alarms, shocking and chemical saver programs. It also displays the run time for the current feed event and cumulative run time. Shock treatment can be initiated manually or under programmable weekly or multi-weekly schedules.
The SANITIZER MENU is used to control the chlorine or bromine level in terms of sanitizer concentration (parts per million or milligrams/liter), obtained from the PPM sensor. The sanitizer concentration readings can be calibrated to account for the effect of cyanuric acid stabilization. Superchlorination can be initiated manually or under programmable weekly or multi-weekly schedules.
The pH MENU is used in the same way to select the pH control parameters using either acid or base feed or both. It also includes an Acid Wash program for periodic injection of an acid rinse solution to clean the heads of the sensors.
SATURATION AND WATER BALANCE
Proper control of saturation and water balance is required to maintain water quality and to avoid the development of scaling or corrosive conditions.
The Conductivity sensor monitors the concentration of dissolved solids by measuring the conductivity of the water. The data can be displayed either in conductivity units (microsiemens/cm) or in parts per million of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), using an operator-selectable conversion factor.
The TDS MENU is used to set automatic dumping (bleeding) of water when the dissolved solid concentrations becomes too high, selecting either a Conductivity or a TDS control setpoint to activate the dump valve. Backfilling of water is done simultaneously with a level control activated valve.
The Langelier Index calculates the saturation condition from the pH and Temperature sensor inputs and from manual data entry for Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness. The water saturation condition is constantly displayed on the Main Screen as either 'OK', 'Scaling' or 'Corrosive' using standard Langelier Index limits. If a scaling or corrosive condition develops, it is immediately indicated with a flashing display on the Main Screen. 'What if' analyses can be run at any time by manually entering different values for alkalinity, calcium hardness, pH and temperature.
Up to three different types of chemical additives - such as inhibitor and biocides for cooling towers - can be programmed separately for automatic addition as a function of time, bleed activation, pH control activation or cumulative flow rate.
TEMPERATURE / HEATER CONTROL
Temperature Sensor readings are displayed either in degrees Farenheit or Celsius and used to control the heater.
The The TEMPERATURE MENU is used to set the heater control to Manual or Automatic using a programmable seven-day schedule with separate daily ON and OFF times. The energy saver program is used to lower the water temperature during hours when the facility is not in use, thereby rea lizing substantial savings on heating costs.
PUMP AND FILTER CONTROL
Filtration control includes manual or programmable operation of the main recirculation pump and backwashing cycle using data input from the flow sensor and from the influent and effluent pressure sensors.
With the PUMP MENU, the main recirculation pump can be set to Manual for continuous 24-hour operation or to Automatic with a seven-day schedule. Protection of the heater is assured with the adjustable fireman delay to allow for cooldown of the heater before water recirculation is stopped.
The FILTER MENU is used to program the backwash schedule based on time cycle or on pressure differential. Multiple filters are backwashed in sequence with adjustable backwash and advance time for each filter.
The SETUP MENU is used to modify the configuration parameters for initialisation, operations and communications from their initial defaut values. These values can be changed at any time or restored to the original default values.
Installation of the CHEMTROL® PC7000 controller is similar to the installation of the CHEMTROL® PC6000, as shown on the schematic below, with the addition of the Free Chlorine sensor. This sensor should be installed on the bypass line in the same way as the other sensors (ORP, pH, Conductivity).
To facilitate specification and field-installation, links to the schematic drawings are offered below in several formats: to be printed directly on a printer (acrobat reader pdf), or to be inserted directly into CAD drawings (AutoCAD format).
NOTE: The CHEMTROL® PC7000 controller includes the bypass line and wetbox-sensor cell assemblies (Options BPL and SCA) to assure proper water sampling and sensor performance.