ChromaTCD - Ne / H2 / O2 / N2 / CO / CH4 / CO2 Gas Analyser
The continuous mode permanent gases monitor. A highly automated system for routine field measurement of permanent gases on the range. The chromaTCD is an automatic industrial gas analyser. The sample comes through the sampling loop. Then the sample is injected into an analytical column for separation. The system uses packed or capillary column.
The chromaTCD is an automatic, industrial or laboratory gas analyzer. The temperature setting is isothermal. The sample comes through the sampling loop. Then the sample is injected into an analytical column (with an automatic valve) for separation. Different column can be used (e.g. packed column). After separation, the amount of each compound is measured using an universal detector, the catharometer. An oven is installed in order to allow the regeneration (to avoid contamination) of the column at 250°C. A pressure safety is inserted just after the detector in order to protect its wires.
The Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD) can detect all kind of compounds. The Wheatstone bridge is made of 4 Tungsten-Rhenium wires. It works with constant current or constant voltage. With the detector, a thermal conductivity difference between the reference cell (carrier gas) and the measure cell (outlet of the column) is measured. This value is transferred to an electrometer and the generated signal is proportional to the compounds concentration in the sample. The signal is then transferred to the CPU board and the microprocessor processes the data (integration, mass or concentration calcul, peaks identification...). The different parameters (data, chromatogram, integration report...) are transferred via a RS-232 port and they are visualised and reprocessed with our VISTACHROM software.
The software developed by Chromatotec' allows:
- Remote control
- Full traceability with on board archiving of results
- Program to stop the detector filament (to protect them) inside a sequence (e.g. column cleaning)
- Programation and control of threshold alarms
- Ponctual (laboratory) or continuous measurement
- Data export by MODBUS / JBUS / MGS1 / 4-20mA / 0-10V
- Gas cleaner
- Modul 4 x analog output 4-20 mA or 0-10 V
- Alarms module
- Automatic results validation
- 24 V power supply
- Explosion proof Exp box - Ex Specification Classl Div2. groupC&D
- Hydrogen and Nitrogen generator
- Multiple stream selector (2 to 10 streams with one analyzer)
- Carrier gas purificator
- Sampling pump in 24V DC or airmoPUMP (XXX901 or XXX915)
- Pressure and temperature measure
- Mass Flow Controller (MFC. in order to improve dilution precision and so calibration quality)
Permanent and/or organic gas analysis:
Neon. H2. 02, N2. CH4. CO. C02. CHX...
Neon and H2 s 2 ppm
ppm lo %. Depending on ihe options (loop and amplification)
Relative Standard Deviation: Repeatability
- RSD < 5% over 48h (concentration)
- RSD < 0.6% over 48h (retention time)
- Full result storage (data and graphics)
- Output 4 x 4-20 mA (In option)
- Communication protocol MODBUS (in option)
- Alarm module
10 minutes for H2 and for 02 / N2
- He as carrier gas (inlet: 3.5 bar; 1/16' swagelock)
- Calibration inlet: 1 bar; 1/16' swagelock
- Sample inlet: 1 bar; 1/16'swagelock
0.1 to 2 mL depending on application and detection range
- Main (230V/115V 50 Hz/60Hz)
- Battery 24V (option)
Average . 100 VA. Peak : 200 VA
Dimensions and Weight:
- Rack: 19' (4U)
- Height: 177 mm
- Width: 482 mm
- Depth: 660 mm
- Net weight of analyser: 20 kg
- If option C41 022. ruck 5U
Application n°13 example :
The first column allows to separate CH4, CO2 from the composite peak (Ne, H2, O2, N2, CO), and the compounds of the composit peak are separated on the second column. The temperature setting is isothermal. The Wheatstone bridge is supplied in Voltage. The automatic valve permits the sample’s injection.
In standard we can program the column temperature and cleaning method.
The Vistachrom software enables the user to visualize and store data on a PC. Furthermore it provides comfortable utilities to recalculate, calibrate and export data and to set-up measurement.
The airmoTREND software allows the calculation of retention time, area, mass or concentration profiles.