chromaTHC - Total Hydrocarbons Monitoring Analyzer
CH4 and Non Methane Total Hydro Carbon (NMTHC) Monitoring and analysis of Methane and Non-Methane Hydrocarbons by flame ionisation detection (ppm level analysis). The CHROMATHC is an automated isothermal industrial gas chromatograph dedicated to the analysis of volatile organic compounds in air (indoor, outdoor, combustion), industrial hygiene, pure gas like N2/CO2/O2.
- As a fully automatic instrument, the CHROMATHC allows un-attended operation after commissioning 24/24.
- The injection is made via a loop and valve installed in an isothermal oven at a standard 80°C.
- The separation between CH4 and (C2H6 for UHC) and NMTHC is achieved using a column with back flush.
Unlike other similar analysers, there is no interference from oxygen.
To eliminate issues with flame fluctuaction, a valve regulates carrier gas (hydrogen or Nitrogen or air).
The retention time drift is less than 0,3 %.
- The instrument has a flame ionization detector (FID) heated at 150°C with auto ignition.
VISTACHROM ® software :
Chromatotec developed software system allows :
- Remote monitoring
- Full traceability through archiving of results and QC
- Set up and control of threshold alarms
- Export of data MODBUS / MGS1 / 4-20mA /0-10V
- CALIB with permeation tube
- MODBUS / JBUS communication protocol
- 4-20 mA or 0-10 V analog output
- Automatic validation
- Adaptation of a purified air generator (air without VOC)
- 24 V power supply
- Pressurised housing Exp for area 1
- Multiple stream selector (2 to 6)
- Hydrogen and air generator
- CHROMA THC 4U – controlled by BTX analyzer with inbuilt computer
- CHROMA THC 4U – controlled by wall mounted computer, reference XXX023
- CHROMA THC 5U, reference C21022, with inbuilt computer
- Note: one supervisor unit, can control up to 3 Chromatotec analyzers
- Heated line for industrial application
- Vaccuum pump option
- CH4 and non-methanic compound analysis:
- CH4 and NMHC with THC by calculation
- Lower Detection limit:
- 20 ppb methane
- NMHC 50 ppb as propane
- CH4 in ambiant air=1800ppb : Xylene < 10 ppb
- Detection range:
- 20 to 2 000 ppb: NMTHC (equivalent CH4)
- CH4 20 to 2 000 ppb
- THC = CH4 + NMTHC
- Autocalibration: Automatic calibration and span gas
- Relative Standard Deviation:
- < 0.3 % over 48 h (RT)
- < 2 % over 48 h (Span Concentration)
- Data storage for traceability
- 4-20 mA or 0/10 V output (options)
- MODBUS / JBUS or MGS1 communication protocol (option)
- Ethernet connectivity for remote access
- Cycle time: Response time 3 or 5 or 7,5 min.
- Gas supply:
- H2 (FID and carrier gas): 30 ml/min (Inlet 2 bars; 1/16’’ Swagelok)
- Air (FID): 180 ml/min (inlet 3 bars; 1/8’’ Swagelok)
- Sample inlet (vacuum pump in option) 1/4’’ Swagelok 80 ml/min at ambient pressure
- Sample volume: Injection loop. Range specific
- Power supply:
- Main: 230 V / 115 V or 50 / 60 Hz
- Battery: 24 V (option)
- Electrical consumption: Mean: 150 VA
- Dimensions and weight:
- Rack 19’’ (4U) - for C24000
- Height: 180 mm
- Width: 482 mm
- Depth: 600 mm
- Net weight: 17 kg