Dry Sorption Technology
From Clean Air Technology
According to the local emission regulation particles or gaseous pollutants have to be removed from the flue gas.
A dry flue gas cleaning system consists of the following main components:
- Possibly a heat exchanger for heat recovery respectively for reheating the flue gas.
- Conditioned fabric filter /electrostatic filter for separation of particles and gaseous pollutants.
- Additive dosage system and residual material system.
- Combination of different processes according to the particular demands on removal efficiency.
The following additives are used:
- Hydrated lime
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Activated carbon
- Achievable clean gas concentrations of less than German 17. BImSchV
- Particle removal efficiency up to 99,9 %
- SO2-removal efficiency up to 95 %
- HCl removal efficiency up to 99 %
- Removal of aerosols
- Great operational experiences with this technology
- Use of proved components
- Comparatively low number of gas cleaning steps
- Good removal efficiency of pollutants
- No waste water
- Absorbents and reaction products are available in solid form
- No water plume at the chimney
- Easy operability