The Gravity Belt Thickener is a highly effective tool for de-watering. It operates quietly at a minimal cost, consuming a low volume of wash water. Sludge is flocculated by the use of polymers, introduced on the belt and the released water is drained through the gravity belt. While the process is simple, the decrease in sludge volume is impressive. Our Gravity Belt Thickeners (GBT) reduce the volume of thin sludges and slurries produced during municipal or industrial wastewater treatment. The principle of the GBT is simple: Sludge is flocculated with polymers and the released water is drained by gravity through a traveling filter belt.
Built better, so it works better
Charter's Gravity Belt Thickener offers more than results. It delivers ease and dependability. The center-pivot steering system reduces belt stretching, providing longer and more consistent performance. The machine also incorporates 11 rows of plows for increased throughput and thickening. There is even a pneumatic plow lift, for easy operation and cleanup. The solid pillow block, quadruple sealed bearing cases that reduce maintenance cost and down time are guaranteed for life. It is all there, built into a ridged non-corroding frame.
CMC's enclosed unit positions the stainless steel hood near the gravity deck to control odor while still allowing visual inspection. This design also promotes easier cleaning and maintenance.
- Reduction of sludge volume by up to 90%
- Reduced load on downstream processes
- Improved performance and/or reduced size of downstream units
- Reduced hauling costs
- Clear filtrate
- Low energy and polymer consumption
- Low wash water consumption
- No noise, no vibration
- High performance at minimum cost
- Center-pivoting belt steering roll reduces uneven belt stretching
- Eleven rows of plows for increased throughput and improved thickening performance
- Pneumatic plow lifting for ease of operation and cleaning
- Vertically movable self-adjusting plows which can be replaced within seconds
- Solid-block quadruple-sealed bearing cases reducing maintenance costs
- Long-life bearings guaranteed for the life of the equipment
- Rigid, non-corrosive frame construction- available in galvinized, 304 or 316 stainless