CMR - Model LD8 - 8 Zone Water Leak Detection Alarm System
From Water Leak Detection
The LD8 has been designed to monitor up to eight independent zones in critical areas for water leaks via linear detection cables or spot sensors. Any number of spot sensors or a maximum of 50 metres of linear water detection cable can be connected to each zone.
Unlike other water detection units on the market, the LD range from CMR electrical uses a bi-directional (AC) signal within the sensors. Using alternating current stops electrolysis which causes the sensors to disintegrate leaving the system unable to detect water. The use of alternating current also allows the sensors to be continually monitored even when submersed in water. This allows the system to self reset after water has been removed for the sensor and no further action to reinstate or reset the system is required from the operator. Battery backup for up to six hours can be provided and longer backup times are available.
- On board audible warning device to alert local operators of a problem
- Alarms latched until Mute operated to give indication of transient water leaks
- Small size foot print, wall or surface mounted
- Zone signal isolation to stop multiple alarms due to sensors coming into contact with Earth
- Common Alarm and Fault relays for onward signalling
- Optional zone alarm relays to onward signal to a BMS or used to shutdown water valves
- Monitoring of each zone cable and sensor to ensure continuity and integrity
- A Bi-directional DC signal in the sensors to stop electrolysis and polarisation
- Individual Zone sensitivity adjustment allowing any zone to be set for high to low sensitivity
- Large 8mm display lamps
When water is detected by one of the zones, the appropriate lamp will start to flash, the audible warning device will start and the common alarm or fault relay will close. The unit will remain in this condition even if water has been removed from the sensor. Muting the alarm will stop the sounder and the lamp flashing, if water is still present and being detected by the unit the lamp will remain ON but not flashing, if the water has been removed before muting the lamps will extinguish and the system will automatically reset. Automatic reset will occur after muting and the removal of the water.
Each zone is provided with a sensitivity potentiometer, this has been provided to allow individual zones to be set to high or low sensitivity, low sensitivity should be used for areas known to experience high humidity or water splashes.
The LD8 as standard has a common alarm and common fault relay which can be used for onward signal to a Building Management Systems, telephone dialler or control systems. The unit if required can also be fitted with individual Alarm relays that will advise a BMS system which zone is in alarm. The relays can also be used to control Water Shut Off valves.