CMR - Model OSP - Optical Leak Detection Sensor
This Sensor has been designed to detect the presence of any liquid including water, fuel oil etc. and energise an internal relay to provide a signal to existing alarm systems, Building Management Systems or SMS messaging systems. Floor standing sensor with height adjustment, can be screwed or stuck to the floor or drip tray. A wall mounted version is also available which can be screwed to a drip tray or bunded area is also available.
The sensor has been designed to interface with new or existing building alarms or Building Management Systems. The spot probes will detect a liquid by sensing a loss of light within itself due to refraction when a liquid comes into contact with the sensing bulb.
- Voltage – 12 to 24VAC or 13 to 24VDC
- Burdon – 20mA when detecting, 15mA in standby
- Relay output – 30VAC/DC 1 amp N/O (close in Alarm) or N/C (open in Alarm) contact; please specify
- Interconnecting lead – 3 metres long but any length can be catered for
- Sensor material – Plastic 22mm diameter sensor tube allowing standard 22mm pipe fittings to be used
- Mounting Bracket – Floor standing bracket made from stainless steel with two 5mm diameter fixing holes
Stainless Steel brackets are available to allow the sensor to be Wall Mounted, Floor Mounted or without the bracket screwed directly into a fitting to allow monitoring of bunded tanks or pipes.
The mode of operation is the principle of total internal reflection. An LED and phototransistor are housed in a plastic (Polysulfone) dome. When no liquid is present, light from the LED is internally reflected from the dome to the photo-transistor. When a liquid covers the dome, the effective refractive index at the dome-oil boundary changes allowing some light from the LED to escape. Thus the amount of light received by the photo-transistor is reduced indicating the presents of a liquid.
Sensors can be connected together to give a common alarm within an area or connected individually to provided exact location of a leak.