Colisure - Coliform and E. coli Testing
Colisure coliform/E.coli results are definitive at 24 hours and can be read for up to 48 hours for convenience. This test's distinct magenta color means there's no mistaking a positive result. Colisure also suppresses high levels of non-coliforms including aeromonas. Colisure is US EPA-approved and is included in Standard Methods for Examination of Water and Wastewater.
Colisure is easy to use, rapid and accurate
- Definitive results at 24 hours, can be read up to 48 hours.
- Distinct magenta endpoint is easy to see.
- Ease of use simplifies training.
- Unit-dosed packaging eliminates media preparation.
- Quality Control (QC) procedure can be done in 15 minutes.
- Under one minute hands-on time.
- Detects total coliforms and E. coli simultaneously in 24 hours or less.
- No confirmations needed.
- No glassware cleaning or colony counting.
- Identifies E. coli specifically, which eliminates unneeded public notification due to Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Suppresses up to 2 million heterotrophs per 100 mL.
- Eliminates the subjective interpretation found in traditional methods.
- Detects a single viable coliform or E. coli per sample.
- 95% less equipment costs than membrane filtration (MF).
- Minimizes evening and weekend work.
- Up to 12-month shelf life at room temperature.
- A Colisure Snap Pack can be used for presence/absence (P/A) or quantification testing.
- Quanti-Tray provides counts to 200/100 mL without dilutions.
- Quanti-Tray/2000 provides counts to 2,419/100 mL without dilutions.
Sample size format: 100 mL
Time to results: 24 hours with a 24-hour read window
Shelf life: Up to 12 months at 2-25°C
Read: Sample turns magenta when coliforms are present and fluoresces to indicate the presence of E. coli
Uses: Presence/absence or quantification using IDEXX Quanti-Tray, Quanti-Tray/2000 or multiple tube Most Probable Number (MPN) testing