Concept Spirit - Model 900 - Smoke Generator
The Spirit 900 is well suited to applications where continuous, high smoke output is required, since it utilises a continuously rated pump. Like the Concept Colt 4, it generates the most persistent water based smoke of any smoke machine available. Typical water based smoke systems are resistant to temperatures of 35-45°C where as the Spirit 900 using fluid A is still effective when temperatures reach 55°C.
Using a protected solid state relay for heater switching at zero volts, an IP65 rated digital microprocessor temperature control displaying actual and set temperatures, and splashproof switches and indicators the Spirit 900 does not compromise in the quality of the components used within the system. The temperature of the heat exchanger is PID controlled so that the heat is pulsed as main set point is reached, minimising overshoot and undershoot.
The pump draws Smoke Fluid A (persistent) or Smoke Fluid B (quickly dispersing) from its integral 2 litre reservoir (or an external reservoir if specified), forcing it into Concept's unique precision machined heat exchanger, where it is vaporised. The fluid consumption is extremely low - just 50ml per minute on maximum output - meaning exceptional running costs!
On exiting the heat exchanger, the vapour condenses to form dense, white, non toxic smoke, with an incredibly consistent, and small particle size of 0.2-0.3 micron mmd.
All Spirit 900s are supplied with a 5 metre remote control. The unit can come with an optional wireless remote control with 150m range (line of sight).
The Spirit 900 was voted overall winner in Fire Professional magazine’s Back to Back smoke generator test, against 4 other leading brands. They concluded that:
'So the Concept Engineering Spirit 900 wins, overall, across the testing criteria, it scored heavily and consistently. It's beautifully made, works well and from what we have seen here makes extremely efficient use of the fluid - a consumable that those of you who are acutely budget conscious will want to keep your eye on.'
- Manufactured by Concept in the UK under ISO 9001
- Continuously rated with a precision, machined heat exchanger, guaranteed for life!
- Can produce persistent (Fluid A) or quickly dispersing smoke (Fluid B) as required
- Integral 2 litre reservoir, with sightglass or optional external reservoir
- Digital microprocessor controller, splashproof switches, solid state switching & continuously rated pump
- Continuous smoke output makes the Spirit ideal for BA training, PPV work, fire training, leak testing etc
- Size (cm): 52 x 23 x 29
- Weight (kg): 13.5
- Heat Exchanger Wattage (W): 2200
- Power Supply: 230v, 50hz
- Optional: 110v, 50/60hz
- Warm up time from cold (mins): 5
- Duration of aerosol at maximum output (mins): 40
- Smoke output (m3/min @ 1.5m visibility): 0-420
- Hang time index: HTI 0.17 (Fluid B) / 2-4 minutes, HTI 4 - 6 (Fluid A) / 1.25-1.5 hours
- Particle Size (micron, mass median diameter): 0.2-0.3