Conductive Fluid Sensing Cable
RLE’s orange sensing cable (SC) reliably detects the presence of water leaks and other conductive fluids. It’s one of our hallmark products, and RLE Technologies has held the patent for this particular cable since 2000.
RLE’s conductive fluid sensing cable is:
- Durable – manufactured with an abrasion-resistant polymer core, which increases strength and durability. Definitely stands up to foot traffic!
- Flexible – easily bends around corners and wraps around pipes, while resisting bends and kinks.
- Resists False Alarms – engineered specifically to resist contamination and constructed from non-conductive polymers to help eliminate false alarms!
- Quick to Install – each end of the cable contains mating connectors – this makes it easy to install new systems and to add lengths of cable to existing systems.
- Easy to Clean – when it’s visibly dirty, clean it quickly with Dawn dish soap or rubbing alcohol. No special cleaners or cleaning systems required.
- Fast Drying – gently wipe the cable dry, and it’s ready to detect the next leak.
Sensing cables are available in a variety of standard and custom lengths:
- 10ft (3.05m) – SC-10
- 17ft (5.18m) – SC-17
- 25ft (7.62m) – SC-25
- 50ft (15.24m) – SC-50
- 100ft (30.48m) – SC-100
- Custom Lengths (available upon request) – SC-CL-xx
With over 14 million feet of leak detection sensing cable installed in systems around the globe, you can’t beat the durability or reliability of our leak detection sensing cables.
- Easy to clean
- Fast drying
- Helps eliminate false alarms
- Able to resist damage from most contaminants
- Highly flexible – resists bends and kinks
- Quick, simple installation and easy system expansion
- Lies flat after installation
- Non-conductive polymer construction
- Thermally bonded polymer-coated carrier
- Plenum rated, UL listed, and RoHS compliant
- Available in standard and custom lengths with pre-installed end connectors
Plenum Rating: CL2P (UL)
Sheer Strength: >180 lbs. (>81kg)
Cut Through Resistance: >40 lbs. (>18kg) with .005in (0.127mm) blade
Abrasion Resistance: 60 cycles per UL 719
Connector: 4 pin, 0.96in (24.38mm) diameter
Resistance per Foot: 2.8 ohms
- Temperature: 32° to 167°F (0° to 75°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
Storage Environment: -22° to 185°F (-30° to 85°C)
Dimensions: Diameter of cable not to exceed 0.25in (6.35mm)
- SC-10: 10ft (3.05m)
- SC-17: 17ft (5.18m)
- SC-25: 25ft (7.62m)
- SC-50: 50ft (15.24m)
- SC-100: 100ft (30.48m)
- SC-CL-xx: Custom Lengths (available upon request)
Weight: .02 lbs./ft (29.74g/m)
Certifications: CE; UL CL2P; RoHS Compliant; Plenum Rated; Patent No. 6,144,209