PetroSense - Model CMS-4000 - Continuous Monitoring System
The CMS-4000 is a simple, reliable tool to measure and monitor total petroleum hydrocarbons in water. With no moving parts and corrosion protected components, the system can be utilized in many different applications.
The CMS-4000 logger with the Fiber Optic Chemical Sensor(FOCS) detects the presence of petroleum hydrocarbons in water.
The FOCS probe takes advantage of the interaction between the light traveling through a fiber and a water solution containing petroleum hydrocarbons. As the concentration of hydrocarbons increases, the light scattered from the proprietary probe fiber increases in a quantitative relationship. The probe output is monitored by a controller that has 0-5 volt or 4-20 mA output and remote access capability. The system can monitor up to four (4) probes. The probe is intrinsically safe* and designed to be remotely mounted in hazardous locations.
*When used with the FCI Environmental Intrinsic Safety Barrier.
- Reliable tool that measures petroleum hydrocarbons in water
- Used in applications where Web connection is NOT required
- Used where logger needs to communicate with other equipment in the plant
- Continuous data collection and recording
- Certified Intrinsically Safe by UL
- Analog (V or mA) output
- Connect up to 4 DHP hydrocarbon probes
- Real time remote monitoring
- Process water
- Waste water
- Oil field produced water
- Separation vessel effluent
- Storm water run-off
- Groundwater remediation monitoring
- Carbon filter bed breakthrough
- Heat exchanger leak detection
- Operating Range: 0-2,000 ppm as TPH
- Lower Limit of Detection: 0.1 ppm as xylene
- Hydrocarbons Detected: C6 and higher MW petroleum hydrocarbons
- Accuracy/Precision: ±10% of reading
- Response Time (initial): <15 seconds
- Response Time (to 95%): <5 minutes
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° - 50° C
- Trend Correlation with GC data: 98% vs. EPA Method 8020
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X
- Analog Output: 0-5 Volts, 4-20 mA (optional)
- Physical Dimensions: 12' L X 11' W X 6.5' D. (305 X 280 X 165)
- Enclosure Wt.: 9 lbs.
- Environmental Temperature: 0°C to +50°C
- Sample Temperature: UL, CUL, KEMA, CE