PetroSense - Model CMS-4000 - Continuous Monitoring System
The CMS-4000 is a simple, reliable tool to measure petroleum hydrocarbons in water. With no moving parts and corrosion protected components, the system can be utilized in many different applications.
The CMS-4000 detects the presence of petroleum hydrocarbons in water using the patented Fiber Optic Chemical Sensor (FOCS®). The FOCS probe takes advantage of the interaction between the light traveling through a fiber and a water solution containing petroleum hydrocarbons. As the concentration of hydrocarbons increases, the light scattered from the proprietary probe fiber increases in a quantitative relationship. The probe output is monitored by a controller that has 0-5 volt or 4-20 mA output and remote access capability. The system can monitor up to four (4) probes.
The probe is intrinsically safe and designed to be remotely mounted in hazardous locations.
- Process water
- Waste water
- Oil field produced water
- Separation vessel effluent
- Storm water run-off
- Bilge and ballast water
- Groundwater remediation monitoring
- Carbon filter bed breakthrough
- Heat exchanger leak detection
- Reliable tool that measures petroleum hydrocarbons in water
- Used in applications where Web connection is NOT required
- Used where logger needs to communicate with other equipment in the plant
- Continuous data collection and recording
- Intrinsically safe probe network*
- Analog (V or mA) output
- Connect up to four (4) DHP hydrocarbon probes
- Real time remote monitoring