Contrec - Model 515 – AI01 - Additive Injection Controllers
The 515 AI01 application is designed to control the injection of additive chemicals with respect to a main flow. Tailored for volumetric frequency flowmeters it will operate with positive displacement dosing pumps controlling the dosing rate via either an output pulse or a 4-20mA signal.
The instrument will calculate a target stroke rate and the intervals of main volume at which a stroke output pulse will be generated based on the dosing pump parameters and the process ratio set point, programmed in PPM (parts per million).
The additive flow is monitored and measured along with the main flow to continuously calculate the overall process ratio and the sample ratio that provides a faster “real time” PPM value of the dosing chemical. There are flow and deviation exceptions, alarms and a permissive that can be used to help maintain control and integrity of an additive injection system.
- Suited for injection ratios from 10 to 10000 PPM
- Programmable pump stroke volumes and maximum stroke rates to cater for wide range of dosing pumps
- Adjustable sampling method deals with the inherent problems of measurement and control of pulsating injections
- Continual calculation of main flow and required dosing rates
- Permissive input allows system to settle without raising exceptions
- Warnings provided for: No additive flow, Excess additive flow and Sample deviation exceeded
- Warning of external alarms and main flow too high for dosing pump
- Allows for non-linear correction
- Selection of second language and user tags
- RTC logging with over 1000 entries
- Selectable protocols on serial ports including Modbus RTU and printer output
- Backlit display with LCD backup