CUPOLEX Is More Effective And More Reliable Than Traditional Radon Systems. Traditional radon systems have been around for decades and haven’t changed much in that time. Electric fans need to run continuously to pull enough air through soil below a slab to maintain negative pressures. Because of the resistance of the soil below the slab to air flow, negative pressures decrease rapidly with distance and even modest vacuums are difficult to achieve across the entire slab.
CUPOLEX Aerated floors are the modern systems that use open space rather than soil to vent the slab, resulting in highly efficient transmission of vacuum and air flow. As a result, home owners or regulators can be sure that vacuum is present everywhere below the building and that radon concentration below the slab will be far lower than with traditional systems. Field tests have shown that vacuums can be almost 100% of the static vacuum at the riser point across the entire CUPOLEX aerated floor, with vacuum levels between suction points that are over an order of magnitude higher than that which traditional systems can accomplish. Modeling studies show that cracks have much less effect on aerated floors than traditional slab-on-grade systems and liners.
- Provides a highly efficient under-slab void network than less efficient sand or gravel venting layers
- More Efficient Venting
- Passive Venting Potential
- CUPOLEX® floors do not require membranes
- Low capital cost,
- Fast assembly and can be installed by any concrete slab contractor or forming contractor
- The ability to cut the slab at any location and easily repair,
- The ability to easily test, monitor and enhance performance,
- Single and multi-residential dwellings
- Commercial buildings
- Institutions and hospitals
- Light and heavy Industrial buildings