Model CX - Stainless Steel Trough Screw Conveyors
The modular CX Trough Screw Conveyor system offers a variety of solutions for conveying or feeding powdery or granular materials. Designed for application in the food industry and in environmental technology, they are suitable for applications in which any contamination of the material handled has to be strictly avoided and where absolute cleanliness and perfect resistance to corrosion are required. CX Trough Screw Conveyors are also used in flour and animal feed milling, in plastics and chemicals, as well as in the pharmaceutical industry.
The modular CX Trough Screw Conveyor system is highly versatile. CX Screw Conveyors are manufactured from stainless steel with surface finishing grade suitable for the application. Fabrication of the troughs is carried out on machines ensuring perfectly smooth surfaces which is why material residue is reduced to the minimum. CX Trough Screw Conveyors are made up of a U or V-shaped trough equipped with at least one outlet spout, an end plate at each trough end, helicoid screw flighting welded on a centre pipe with coupling bush at each end, two end bearing assemblies complete with adjustable shaft seal, a number of intermediate hanger bearings depending on the overall length of the screw conveyor, and bolted trough covers. Furthermore, CX Trough Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor appropriate for the application.
Depending on the material to be handled, CX Trough Screw Conveyors come in a light or medium heavy-duty design.
Both types are available with ATEX, Zone 22 certification.
The Shaftless Screw (spiral) offers a larger volume capacity and the possibility of handling particularly difficult materials such as those that tend to become tangled up or those that present highly variable particle size. Construction material properties, oversize thickness, as well as a special manufacturing process make the spiral highly resistant and extremely durable. Due to the absence of intermediate bearings, obstacle-free material handling is guaranteed. The completely enclosed trough prevents any material leakage. Trough covers with appropriate gaskets enable odour-free operation and form a barrier to any atmospheric agents to enter the system. At the same time the conveyor offers maximum access to the inside for inspection and cleaning. Maintenance is reduced to the minimum due to a small number of components. There is a vast choice of liners depending on the specific material characteristics.
SSC Shaftless Screw (Spiral) Conveyors have been specially designed for handling of difficult heterogeneous materials like urban solid waste, screenings and floating matter, de-watered, thickened, conditioned sludge, packaged food, creams or pastes, waste from: meat, fish, fruit and vegetable processing. The main sectors of application are: wastewater treatment, sugarhouse rejects, fish industry, solid waste treatment, fruit and vegetable processing plants, beverage industry, pulp and paper, chemical industry, food industry in general, meat processing plants, abattoirs/slaughterhouses, restaurants, canteens, catering in general.
- Standard 304L or 316L stainless steel design
- Troughs and screws in modular lengths
- WAM standard polygonal or cylindrical inlet and outlet spouts
- End bearing assemblies with externally adjustable shaft seal (stuffing box, air or gas-purged, others)
- Wide range of intermediate hanger bearings appropriate for the application (self-lubricating on request)
- End flanges welded orthogonally on trough on special jigs
- End plates carrying flanged end bearing assemblies or closing-off-trough plates
- Modular length helicoid screw flighting with square or variable pitch welded on centre pipe with shaft coupling at each end
- Screw sections connected through splined or bolted shaft couplings
- Screws accurately balanced
- Bearing assemblies entirely designed by WAM providing the most suitable model for each application
- Perfectly smooth troughs for minimum material residue
- WAM drive units with integrated end bearing assembly and adjustable shaft seal (screws run perfectly balanced due to drive unit directly mounted on screw pipe; substitutes coupling or chain transmission with special drive mount)
- Modular bolted trough cover with closed cell flange gasket
- Trough drop bottom
- Coupling, chain or belt transmission
- Double pitch flight in outlet zone
- Intermediate slide bearings
- Intermediate hanger bearings with splined shaft
- Inspection hatches with gasket