Cytiva DeltaVision - Model OMX SR - Compact Imaging Systems
The DeltaVision OMX SR is a compact imaging system specifically optimized to provide a stable platform for structured illumination microscopy (SIM) super resolution technology.
- See beyond the norm – 3D SIM enables resolution improvements in x, y, and z directions.
- Super-resolve live cells – 2D SIM and 2D SIM-TIRF imaging modes allow for dynamic super-resolution live-cell imaging.
- Molecular imaging – localization microscopy option uses exclusive 2D multi-emitter fitting algorithms to reconstruct a super-resolved image.
- More data from your sample – multiplex data acquisition with simultaneous multi-camera imaging.
- Preserve cell viability – ultra-low light imaging combined with advanced deconvolution algorithm.
- Capture dynamic processes – rapid image acquisition and stage automation.
Physiologically relevant, technically sound
Designed for biologists wishing to advance their research beyond what is possible with confocal microscopes, DeltaVision OMX SR improves spatial resolution by a factor of 2 in x, y, and z directions, enabling previously unseen detail to be obtained even in live samples.
DeltaVision OMX SR is fully enclosed, does not require a darkroom, and can be installed ready-to-run in a standard lab within days. And unlike many super-resolution systems, there is minimal change required for sample preparation or preferred buffers and fluorophores.
Same methods, super-resolution results
DeltaVision OMX SR is the latest addition to the high-performing DeltaVision portfolio and builds on the reputation of DeltaVision Elite and DeltaVision OMX for delivering outstanding images particularly for small, dim and live samples. In addition to 2D and 3D SIM super-resolution imaging, the DeltaVision OMX SR is also capable of widefield, time-lapse imaging, deconvolution, and TIRF illumination using the same techniques and fluorophores utilized on confocal imagers. For added flexibility, a ring TIRF option provides even illumination and artifact-free TIRF imaging enabling the system to be used for localization microscopy and photokinetic applications.
For biologists seeking a more expandable platform, the DeltaVision OMX also supports multiple laser configurations and additional camera options.
What you need to know before imaging samples on the OMX SR
In this video, you will learn:
- Theory and applications for structured illumination microscopy (SIM) and DeltaVision Localization microscopy (DLM).
- Sample preparation recommendations for imaging on the OMX SR.
- Ring TIRF, photokinetic and ultrafast widefield capabilities.
- How imaging on the OMX can further your own research projects.
- Parameter: DeltaVision OMX SR
- Camera: Manufacturer PCOChip type Front illuminated sCMOSChip size: 2560 × 2160 pixels* (Useable area limited to 1024 x 1024 for SIM imaging)Pixel size: 6.5 µmReadout speeds: 95 MHz, 286 MhzReadout modes: Rolling shutter, global shutterCamera interface: Camera-linkBit depth: 15 bitQuantum efficiency: ~ 60%Dynamic range: 1:15 000Read noise: 1.5 e at 33 fps, 2 e at 100 fpsOn-chip binning: Not supported
- Focus: Laser based hardware autofocusCoarse/Long travel focus- Nanomover stepper motorFine/High speed focus - Piezo actuator
- Magnification: Super-resolution mode requires 60x to support camera configuration.Optional magnifications for widefield and TIRF imaging modes.
- Plate Positioning (XY Stage): Stage range (xy): 24 × 48 mmy flatness: < 1 µm/mm*x flatness: < 1 µm/mm*xyz Nanomover repeatability: 10 µm/25 mm travelz piezo step resolution: 5 nmxyz Nanomover step resolution: 100 nmSample holder types Standard: 75 × 25 mm slides, 35 mm dishes, Multichamber coverslips
- Filter Selection: Standard filters for DAPICFPFITC/AF488YFPAF568/Texas RedCy5/AF647
- Plate Compatability: Not Applicable
- Computer: OMX Master Workstation CPU Intel Core™ i7 processorClock speed 3.4 GHzMemory 16 GB DDR3 1333 MHz ECCPower supply 500 WDrives 1 TB SATA boot driveRAID 3 × 1 TB SATA in RAID5 configurationVideo card NVidia™ NVS300 VRAM 512 MBVideo bus PCIEMonitor panel size 24 in (60.96 mm) viewable areaResolution 1920 × 1200Operating system CentOS 6 or laterSpecifications subject to change without notice
- Height: 1575 mm
- Width: 864 mm
- Depth: 991 mm
- Weight: Approximately 480 kg
- Objectives: Standard Lenses60x 1.42 NA Oil Immersion PSF for SIM Imaging60x 1.49 NA TIRF for TIRF imagingOptional objectives20x/ 0.75 Super-Plan APO40x/ 1.35 Oil Plan APO60x/ 1.3 Silicone Plan APO100x/ 1.4 Oil Super-Plan APO100x/ 1.49 TIRF APO
- Optical System: 2 Illumination input paths for 3D-SIM/2D-SIM/2D-SIM-TIRF/Widefield and, Ring-TIRF/PK/Widefield modesUp to 4 camera detection channels
- Slide Compatibility: Standard microscope slides35 mm glass bottom dishesMultiwell chambered coverslips
- Software: OMX Master Control Software - AcquireSRsoftWoRx reconstruction and analysis software
- Light Source: Multicolor laser illumination
- Imaging Modes: Fluorescence imaging with deconvolutionDIC imaging3D-SIM super-resolution2D-SIM super-resolution2D-SIM TIRF super-resolutionLocalization microscopy super-resolution (e.g. PALM, STORM)
- Image Acquisition Features: Multiple camera capabilitySuper-resolution imagingWidefield imagingDIC imaging3D sectioningTimelapse imagingCell trackingMultipoint imaging
- Optional Hardware: DeltaVision Localization Microscopy System (29-0876-63 )Environmental Control Module and Live-Cell Kit (29-1330-64)Universal Long Working Distance (LWD) Condenser Assembly with DIC Prism Holder Ring (29-1330-63)Offline SI Workstation (53-853053-000)