Cytiva - Model HyClone - Phosphate Buffered Saline Solution
Balanced HyClone PBS solution used for multiple cell culture applications.
Balanced salt solution used for multiple cell culture applications.
- HyClone phosphate buffered saline (PBS) cell culture solution includes sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, and potassium without calcium or magnesium. No sodium pyruvate is added.
- HyClone sodium phosphate buffer is a balanced solution available as 1× and 10× PBS buffer with 0.0067 M PO4, pH 7.0 to 7.2.
Sterile buffered saline solution: HyClone phosphate buffered saline solutions are filtered through final 0.1 μm pore-size filters. Filter integrity tests are performed both before and after filtration. Aseptic fills are performed in a class 100 clean room. Each lot is subjected to sterility testing, which is performed using the membrane filtration method described in the current U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP).
Additional testing: HyClone PBS solutions are subjected to stringent quality control testing to ensure product performance and lot-to-lot consistency. The phosphate buffered saline solutions are tested for pH, osmolality, and endotoxin. Each lot is also tested using a cytotoxicity assay.
Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) uses
Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) is a sodium phosphate buffered solution used in cell culture manufacturing and upstream process development. PBS acts as a buffer to help maintain pH in cell culture media. PBS is well suited for these cell culture applications because it is isotonic and not toxic to cells. For instance, PBS can be used to remove serum from cells prior to detachment. It can also be used to resuspend lyophilized powders of cell culture supplements as well as to dilute stock solutions to working concentration.
- Parameter: PBS without calcium, magnesium
- Format: Liquid
- Additives: Without: Calcium, magnesium
- Storage: 15° to 30°C
- Endotoxin Concentration: ≤ 1.0 EU/mL
- Certifications/Compliance: Manufactured in cGMP (21 CFR 820) compliant and ISO9001 certified facilities
- Concentration: 1X
- Shelf life: 24 months
- Sterilization: 0.1 µm sterile filtered
- pH: 7.0 to 7.2
- Pack size: 500 mL