Cytiva Whatman - Model Aqueous IFD - In-Line Filter/Degassers
Aqueous IFD from Cytiva is a polypropylene housed in-line filter/degasser (IFD) with nylon membrane. It connects to an HPLC line and simultaneously filters and degasses during HPLC mobile phase preparation.
- Faster than traditional methods of HPLC mobile phase preparation, saving time in the laboratory
- Provides pure filtration of aqueous mobile phases without expensive degassing equipment
- Chemically resistant polypropylene construction enables reliable filtration
- Can be integrity-tested with the bubble point method
- Includes end fittings – for replacements, see our IFD end fitting kit
Whatman IFD options from Cytiva Healthcare’s Life Sciences business are available for a variety of applications. Browse the Whatman IFD line to find the right filter for your degassing mobile phase applications.
The Aqueous IFD is designed to work as an in-line filter with mobile phases containing at least 20% of the aqueous component. It has a 0.2 µm hydrophilic nylon membrane to support aqueous-based HPLC mobile phase preparation.In-line Filter Construction and Function
Whatman Aqueous IFD have a polypropylene housing sealed by a security ring, fittings to accommodate 1/16”-1/8” tubing, and an air vent on the inlet with luer lock cap to enable priming.
An in-line filter works on the principle of 'bubble point' – the point of pressure at which gases will pass through a wet membrane. If pressure is maintained below the bubble point, the gas will not pass through the membrane and is trapped by the filter device.
- Pore Size : 0.2 µm
- Diameter : 50 mm
- Housing : Polypropylene (PP)
- Filtration Area : 16 cm²