D-TEC - Model CT-60-05D - Combitrailer 5-axle Trailer
From Container Transport
The patented Combitrailer is the peak of efficiency in transport. D-TEC has analysed logistics processes and identified where profits can be made: loading and unloading faster and with more flexibility. The result is a patent and acclaim from carriers across the whole of Europe.
The Combitrailer is actually a dividable trailer. For example, you can transport two 20-foot trailers using one and the same trailer. Normally speaking, you would only have access to the rearmost container. However, you simply divide the Combitrailer®: leave the section with the rearmost container standing and you have immediate access to the front container! This allows you to load or unload both containers simultaneously!
The Combitrailer allows you to transport practically all available containers. The robust construction and use of lift axles minimises the risk of overloading. And thanks to the low deadweight and the use of two or three self steering axles, fuel consumption and wear and tear on tyres is exceptionally low. The Combitrailer® is the optimal solution for every carrier, for every type of transport, and for every budget.
The CT-60-05D has two self steering axles on the front chassis part. When both chassis parts are coupled you can drive with 5 axles on the road. When the rear part is uncoupled, the both self steering axles of the front part are locked automatically. The axles of the front part are both liftable when both chassis parts are coupled. Many customers choose for implementing the 5th axle as self steering axle. That extends the lifte time and reduces tyre wear. Optionally the 3rd and 5th axle are also lift axles. This gives the flexibility to transport unequally loaded containers.
- Simultaneous loading and unloading of two 20 ft containers at loading docks.
- High-efficiency loading capacity owing to the low empty weight from 7400 kg.
- The both axles on the front chassis part give a maximum capacity to drive further with the front 20ft container to another address.
- Use of lift axles creates an optimal weight distribution and minimum risk of overloading.
- Low fuel consumption and low wear and tear on tyres due to the use of self steering axles.