DASA - Dextran and Sucrose Analysis System
Developed in association with the University of Westminster, London and the Sugar Industry Research Institute, Jamaica. This biotechnological accessory for the SacchAAr 880D uses specialised enzymes to accurately measure dextran in sugar cane samples.
The Technology is:
- Optical Activity
- Rapid - 10 minute test
- Specific - Detects total dextran with no interferences
- Accurate - Not sensitive to molecular weight
- Semi-Automated - Can be carried out by unskilled workers
- Environmentally Friendly - Makes lead acetate redundant
- More than a Dextran Test - Measures dextran as part of the existing polarimetric and purity tests carried out by all sugar laboratories.