Davis-Standard - Ram Stuffers Extruders Recycle System
No other extruder comes close to the Ram Stuffer’s ability to output low bulk-density feedstock at rates that you have to see to believe. Ram Stuffer extruders recycle a wide variation of plastic feedstock size and type. The super-size feed throat maximizes in-feed of low bulk density plastic material for consistently high outputs of extruded plastic. Whether the feedstock is coming from a granulator, a chopper, or a shredder (either single or dual rotor), light or heavy bulk densities, fractional gauge (< 1 mil), or heavier have almost no effect on feed or rate of the extruder. The Ram Stuffer readily accepts shredded chunks, regrind chip, secondary pellet feed, and is readily capable of processing today’s coextruded structures.
- Industry’s highest extruded plastic output per diameter and L/D
- Extruder diameters from 3” (76mm) to 10” (254mm)
- The extruder features a wide mouth feed opening approximately 3 diameters long by 3 diameters wide, equipped with a pneumatic ram to “stuff” material into a specially designed grooved feed area and a deep channel barrier reclaim screw.
- Barrels are air or water cooled (see inset)
- Vent diverter is designed to the process to maximize degassing across the full range of outputs