Model D - Bond Clamp
The D Bond Clamp is intended for making electrical bonds to the metal shield of plastic sheath cables at sheath openings. It may be used both with dual and single sheath designs in exposed and unexposed plant. The maximum current-carrying capacity of the clamp is equivalent to a No. 6 copper wire. Terminations to the stud of the clamp are made with a bonding strap or other approved conductors. The clamp is universal, suitable for use on all size cables and can be ordered with one or two star washer nuts. However, for cables less than 0.8 in OD., the sheath must be slit opposite the point at which the clamp is to be installed.
- Sawtooth design scrapes plastic coating on shield to ensure positive contact
- Exceeds Bellcore specification for current surge protection
- Meets Bellcore 'Use and Reuse' requirements
- Individually packaged for ease of handling and storing
- Made of high quality brass; tin plated for corrosion protection
- No need to slit 0.8' O.D. and larger cable to insert the clamp