For short to mid-Range accuracy, X marks the spot
EEC's shorter wavelength X-Band weather radar can detect even tiny particles, such as high altitude water droplets or light snow. The compact size of this complete X-Band system makes it the perfect choice for portable applications and 'filling-in' geographical areas that S-Band and C-Band skip over. Dual-polarity capabilities are standard features for this system.
Powering its 200kW output with dependable magnetron technology, EEC’s Defender X200 is the accurate and reliable workhorse of X-Band; used all over the world for mobile research and in permanent installations. Configuring a Defender X200 system to your exact specifications is simplified with our turn-key design, manufacturing, and installation processes. Our many options include a variety of full-featured control and display systems, and precise data processing through our super-sensitive IQ2 digital receiver and signal processor.
Dual-Polarization – The Future is Here Today
Over 15 years ago, EEC pioneered dual-polarity radar. Today, our DWSR-2001X radar comes with a new, highly advanced dual-polarization system incorporating features that are years ahead of anything else on the market.
Working with world-renowned experts and the University of Oklahoma, we have developed better algorithms and end-to-end dual-polarization measurements. This not only results in more accurate estimates of rainfall, but also provides better discrimination between different types of precipitation and non-meteorological signals such as birds, insects, dust storms, or even the debris field of an approaching tornado.
We have also developed proprietary technology to significantly improve clutter suppression performance in our popular and dependable Magnetron systems. The final result is obvious – EEC dual-polarization systems provide the best weather detection capability in the industry today.
- Algorithms developed and specifically tuned for performance at X-Band
- Designed for fixed-site and transportable configurations
- High resolution data optimized for short and medium range weather detection
- Innovative architecture provides the highest receiver sensitivity
- Advanced radar motion control system provides better spatial resolution resulting in more accurate data
- Industry leading clutter suppression technology
- Patented fiber-optic technology provides noise free, ultra-high speed data throughput
- Adaptive spectrum-based clutter mitigation algorithms
- Improved data quality achieved through advanced continuous calibration techniques
- Advanced Polarimetric rainfall estimation and attenuation correction techniques
- Super-high resolution IQ2 16-bit digital signal-processor
- Over 500 configurable diagnostic points monitored in real-time
- Systems configured with IQ data recording and playback