Delitek - Compact Food Waste System
Requirements regarding food waste management according to Marpol Annex V. The regulations for the prevention of pollution by garbage from ships, clarified in the MARPOL Annex V, was revised and entered into force on January 1st, 2013. This Annex applies to all ships.
The main changes in the revised MARPOL Annex V regarding discharge of food waste are as follows:
- Discharge for comminuted or ground food waste is allowed for distances
- greater than three (3) nautical miles from nearest land outside special areas.
- Discharge for food waste (not comminuted) is allowed for distances greater than twelve (12) nautical miles from nearest land outside special areas.
- Discharge for comminuted or ground food waste is allowed for distances greater than twelve (12) nautical miles from nearest land inside special areas.
Those “special areas” are – according to MARPOL rules – most European waters such as Baltic Sea, North Sea or Mediterranean Sea. The comminuted or ground food waste has to be able to pass through a screen with openings not larger than 25 mm.
To fulfill this requirement, the installation of a food waste grinder will be necessary.
Delitek has designed a simple and compact food waste system which fits crew sizes between 10 and 50 persons and the expected food waste on all common merchant vessels. These are the candidates for which a large expensive food waste system, known from ferries and cruise vessels, would be “overkill”.
The Delitek solution comes as one compact and complete unit, containing powerful macerator with waster flushing, holding tank (Sizes 500/1000/1500L) and direct discharge pump system. The unit even has a stirring function that prevents sedimentation of food waste.
- Compact Food Waste System with high power macerator.
- Integrated holding tank in stainless steel 316.
- Simple and solid
- Delitek Products are sertified by DNV.
- Perfect solution for new building and retrofit.
- Easy installation and operation (plug & play).
- Material: Stainless Steel AISI316
- Capacity: 500 Liters/*1000 Liters
- Dimensions: (W x D x H**) 2038mm x 720mm x 1244mm
- Weight: 259 Kg
- Motor voltage: 400V / 3Ph / 50-60Hz
- Motor power: 2,5 KW
*1000 Liter version available on special request.
**With top door closed. Height with door open: 1919mm