DeltaVision - Model OMX - Flex Super-Resolution Microscope
A multi-imaging mode, super-resolution microscope optimized for structured illumination microscopy (SIM).
Switch between imaging modes (SIM, TIRF, W/F, Localization and Confocal) with a click of a buttonFaster results
Image as fast as your biology requires without having to sacrifice cell image analysis quality or speed
Experience two-fold resolution improvement in all three dimensions for an eight-fold volumetric improvement in resolution (3D-SIM)Greater contrast
Efficient delivery and detection light maximizes contrast, which allows gathering of more data, longer imaging, and minimal photobleaching
Easily switch between all modes — no hardware alignment needed or changing/moving biological sample. The DeltaVision OMX Flex provides the following imaging modes:
What level of detail do you need to answer your biological questions and achieve your research goals? The DeltaVision OMX Flex microscope allows you to use multiple imaging modes, from confocal to single-molecule localization, to go from a macro- to a nano-view of tissues, cells, and organelles.
- Conventional resolution with widefield deconvolution and line-scanning confocal
- Fast 3D-SIM for volumetric observation at 100 nm resolution
- DeltaVision localization microscopy for 30 nm level of detail
Some biological processes occur at the surface of the cell membrane, while other interactions are deep within the cell or tissue. If you need to go deeper, DeltaVision OMX Flex gives you the power to observe incredibly close to the coverslip in multiple imaging modalities or to build images in 3D of thick samples.
- TIRF microscopy in conventional and SIM modes for exquisite detail close to the coverslip
- 3D-SIM and deconvolution microscopy for increased resolution and contrast to 50 µm depth
- Line scanning confocal microscopy for large tissue and cleared samples
Would faster imaging speeds help you better understand your biological system? DeltaVision OMX Flex provides fast imaging for the observation of dynamic events while also providing an efficient platform for imaging multiple field of views very rapidly.
- Fast reproducible stage with point visiting capabilities
- 20 TIRF-SIM fps imaging speeds
- Multiple sCMOS cameras and computers for four-color simultaneous acquisition at > 375 fps burst mode
Are you studying events in a single cell or handful of cells? DeltaVision OMX Flex has multiple tools to help you increase your imaging volume and efficiency
- Rapid imaging speeds in all modalities to allow more acquisitions from a single sample
- Point visiting for a single timepoint or multiple timepoints
Do you struggle with photobleaching limiting your live cell experiments? Live cell imaging faces many challenges, such as preserving cell health while imaging for extended time periods as well as improving spatial and temporal resolution. DeltaVision OMX Flex microscope is designed to focus on reducing background noise, which enhances contrast and ensures measurable signal to deliver high-quality images.
- Precise control of sample temperature, gas concentration, and humidity to preserve cell viability
- Image as long as your biology requires without sacrificing speed
- Maximize image quality with minimal photobleaching
See a short video of cells undergoing mitosis (Heidi Hehnly, Scott Lab, University of Washington and Howard Hughes Medical Institute).
- Parameter: DeltaVision OMX Flex
- Door closed: 86 cm (33.7 in.) × 160 cm (62 in.) 92 cm (36.2 in.)
- Workstation: 43.2 cm (17 in.) × 45.8 cm (18 in.) × 17. 8 cm (7 in.)
- sCMOS detector; 2040 × 2040 imaging array; 6.5 × 6.5 μm pixels
- 16-bit dynamic range; 272 MHz, 95 MHz readout speed options
- 0.9 (median)/1.4 (rms) e-readout noise
- Illumination: Structured illumination: 3D-SIM, 2D-SIM, total internal reflection fluorescence (TIRF)-SIM; IRIS/EDGE line-scanning confocal; widefield with deconvolution; ring TIRF; photokinetics/photoactivation (PK/PA); localization microscopy (DLM); brightfield illumination and differential interference contrast (DIC)
- Standard supported dyes and fluorophores:
- Blue (DAPI, Hoechst, CF™405M)
- Green (GFP, Cy2, Alexa Fluor™ 488, ATTO-488, CellTracker™ Green, Calcein AM)
- Red (mCherry, mKate2, Alexa Fluor 568)
- Far Red (Cy5, Alexa Fluor 647, To-Pro™-3, SiR)
- Excitation lasers (nm): 405, 488, 561, 640
- Power consumption: 900 VA
- Humidity: Stable under 50%, noncondensing
- Stage travel: 25 × 50 × 25 mm
- Standard objective lens: Certified 60× 1.42 NA PlanApoN PSF
- Standard supported sample types: Microscope slides (75 × 25 mm); 35 mm dishes; 2, 4, or 8-well chambered coverglass (24 × 60 mm); 2, 4, or 8-well chambered microscope slides (75 × 25 mm)
- Workstation: CentOS 7 or higher; 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; 256 GB SSD OS hard disk; 3 × 1 TB Onboard RAID5 Array