Dens-A-Can - Model DAC 1200 - Direct Charge Densifier For Steel & Aluminum Cans
DENS-A-CAN DAC 1200 densifier is specifically designed to densify ALUMINUM and STEEL food or beverage containers into high density interlocking biscuits that meet the aluminum and steel industry requirements. The DAC 1200 will also process full beverage containers, trim stock, aerosol cans and like materials. Along with the high density biscuits, the DAC 1200 will process tin food containers into low density biscuits approved by the detinners. The process of switching from the high density biscuit to the low density biscuit is done by simply turning a switch on the control panel. Being Direct Charge makes the DAC 1200 well suited for a surge/storage hopper, in which the DAC 1200 is placed directly beneath a surge hopper. The 1200 may be purchased with an optional stand-alone separator. The DAC 1200 has proven itself in large buy back operations and material recovery facilities, and like all DENS-A-CAN equipment, it is simple to operate, highly reliable, and easy to maintain.
- State-Of-The-Art Engineering:
- Fully automatic with manual override switches.
- Two convenient density setting options from the control panel: one for aluminum, the other for steel cans.
- Automatic biscuit size control, automatically adjusts for whole, mixed, or flat cans.
- Agitator system breaks up can bridging even from the largest of surge hoppers.
- Thermostat controlled heater and self contained cooler/filtration system.
- High and low oil temperature protection.
- Latest electronic and hydraulic controls utilizing tie rod cylinders.
- TEFC motors and sealed electrical enclosures.
- Reinforced heavy duty compression chamber with tongue and groove tracking system eliminates cylinder rod lift.
- Four edged hardened tool steel cutter bar.
- All components are easily accessible with fewer moving parts and sensing components. Wear areas are bolted for ease of service.
- The Dac 1200 Direct Charge densifier is designed for the large Buy Back Operation or processor. It’s a natural for Curbside Operation - Municipalities and independent contractors alike!
DAC 1200 High Capacity Direct Charge Densifier
Description: The DAC 1200 is fully automatic and will run continuously as long as cans are being fed. It features an automatic shut-off when empty. Direct Charge is the processing of cans without the need for any preprocessing like pre-weighing. The DAC 1200, like all DENS-A-CAN densifiers, can be placed directly beneath a surge storage system. Can bridging is eliminated by the use of an agitator. The agitator rotates when the single compression ram is retracting, the rotating agitator breaks bridging and forces the cans into the compression chamber. Biscuit size and density are determined by a specifically engineered system that consists of only four sensors. This system has proven itself in the dirty and harsh environment of material recovery facilities.
The DAC 1200 features two pressure settings that can be selected by turning the switch at the control panel. The High Setting is for densifying aluminum or steel cans for remelting. The Low Setting is for compacting steel cans for detinning or lighter weight biscuits for remelting.
All service areas of the DAC 1200 have ample access to them. All wear components are bolted and designed for easy replacement.
Capacity in pounds/hour:
Aluminum Flat: 2000
Typical size: 11' x 13' x 9' with extra large integral banding grooves.
Weight and density of a typical biscuit:
Aluminum cans- 32/34 lbs. each or 42/46 lbs./cu. ft. typical.
Ferrous cans - 60/70 lbs. each or 81/93 lbs./cu. ft. typical, high density.
Ferrous cans - 40 lbs. each or 53 lbs./cu. ft. typical, low density.
Banded Bundle typical size and weight:
96 biscuits, 44' x 52' x 54', no skid or pallet needed.
Aluminum beverage cans - 3072 pounds
Ferrous cans - 6720 pounds, high density.
Ferrous cans - 3840 pounds, low density.
Standard Power: 20 HP, 240 V, 3-phase, 70 amps, or 480 V, 3-phase, 35 amps.
Options: 208 V, 3-phase, 70 amps, or 575 V, 3-phase, 30 amps.
Thermostat controlled heater and self contained cooler/filtration standard.
Optional conveyor available with or without magnetic head pulley.
Approximate Weight in pounds:
Without conveyor: 4160
With conveyor: 4460
Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity - 90 Gallons
Specifications subject to change without notice Shipped FOB Greensburg, PA