Ditch Witch - Model JT5 - Directional Drills
From Directional Drills
In residential areas, new utility installations rarely miss an opportunity to throw a challenge your way. With the JT5 horizontal directional drill, you can proceed undaunted. The JT5 was designed specifically—with very specific customer input—for shallow installations of cable, fiber and water systems up to 150 feet (46 m) in length beneath roads, driveways, sidewalks, sensitive landscaping and other surface obstacles. No room to work? No problem for the compact and powerful JT5 directional drill.
- Innovative, heavy-duty anchor system keeps the JT5 secure during utility installation, reduces wear on pipe threads, and enables better alignment of drill pipe during makeup.
- The compact, maneuverable JT5 directional drill fits through a 36-inch (910 mm) yard gate; at 120 in (3.1 m) long, it can be set up on the street without blocking traffic.
- Patented vise wrenches are designed to center the drill pipe better every time and provide an excellent view of the tool joint.
- Specially designed drill pipe has a bend radius of up to 70 ft (21.3 m) and coarser, more durable threads so the pipe can level off at shallower depths.
- Hood removes easily for access to engine and service points, simplifying maintenance.
- Convenient, pedal-operated lubrication system helps maximize the life of pipe joints and increase productivity.
- Fuel tank is protected with a steel plate block and lock, for added security.
- Ergonomic operator station features a stationary seat, fluid-shutoff control, and easy visibility of the remote display.
- Field-proven rack-and-pinion thrust drive for low maintenance and reliability.