Doppler Ultrasonic Velocity Sensor
This sensor is used to measure velocity only in full pipes when access to the pipe is available and the pipe can be emptied when installation or maintenance is required. It can also be used in partially full pipes or open channels in situations where the user is measuring depth by a third party or ultrasonic depth sensor.
Use a MACE ZX SnapStrap to install this sensor inside a pipe in minutes. The polycarbonate ZX Snapstrap is tough, secure, does not foul and can be easily removed to take the sensor to another site.
The Doppler ultrasonic area/velocity sensor is compatible with the following MACE meters:
- MACE AgriFlo XCi (Requires a Doppler card)
- MACE FloPro XCi (Requires a Doppler card)
- HVFlo Logging Flow Meter
- Pipe size 0.15 to 2.54m (6” to 100”) diameter
- Max. channel width * 3m (10ft.)
- 12.5cm (L) x 5cm (W) x 1.6cm (H)
- 5” (L) x 2” (W) x 0.63” (H)
- Wetted materials PVC and epoxy
- Pipe intrusion area 8cm2 (1.25 sq.”)
* MACE Doppler ultrasonic sensors will operate in wider channels, but a reliable stream gauging must be performed for best system accuracy.
- Method: Submerged Ultrasonic Doppler
- Range: ±0.025 to ± 8.0 m/s (±0.08 to ± 26ft/s)
- Resolution: 1mm at 1.0 m/s (0.04” at 3.3ft/s)
- Accuracy: ±1% up to 3.0 m/s (±1% up to 10ft/s)
- Urethane sensor cable:
- 9mm (D) up to 50m (L)
- (0.35” (D) up to 164ft (L))
- Min. operating depth: 40mm (1.57”)
- Max. operating temp.: 60° C (140° F)