Dürr Megtec offers catalytic recuperative oxidizers as a VOC control solution in certain process industrial applications where the use of catalyst is correctly applied. The use of catalysts to oxidize volatile organic compounds can reduce the temperature at which chemical reactions occur that convert VOCs into carbon dioxide and water. The result is lower temperature operation, which not only reduces operating costs, but also extends the useful life of the equipment. Dürr Megtec offers flexible catalytic oxidizer designs and catalyst formulations that are proprietary and field-tested.
VOC Catalytic Oxidation Benefits
- High-efficiency burner design
- Combustion air from process lowers operating costs
- Integral primary heat-recovery system manufactured of stainless steel lowers operating costs
- Proprietary catalyst formulations developed for specific types of VOCs and carbon monoxide
- PLC-driven, state-of-the-art control system
- Maintenance-free, aluminum exterior
- Optional turnkey installation
VOC-laden exhaust streams are preheated in the primary heat exchanger, providing for maximum pre-heat temperature prior to introduction to the catalyst beds. VOCs pass through the catalyst beds, reacting with the precious and/or base metal catalyst, which allows the combustion process to initiate at much lower temperatures as compared to thermal oxidizers. The cleaned exhaust air is then used to preheat the incoming VOC-laden air in the primary heat exchanger before it exits through the exhaust stack.
- Low NOx and CO emissions
- Integral stainless steel primary heat exchanger
- State-of-the-art controls package
- Single skid, compact design for easy installation
Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer Application Areas
Catalytic oxidizers from Dürr Megtec offer flexible designs and field-tested proprietary catalyst formulations. Our experience in a wide variety of industries, combined with our firsthand process knowledge, enable us to build catalytic oxidizers that offer reliability, effectiveness and low operating costs.
With more than 1,200 catalytic oxidizers in our installation base, and 50+ years of experience building VOC control systems, every Dürr Megtec catalytic oxidizer combines proven engineering with uncompromising performance and reliability.
- Flow Capacity: 3,000-30,000 SCFM*
- VOC Destruction Efficiency: 98%
- Standard Primary Heat Recovery: 70%
- Optional Primary Heat Recovery: 70%
- Catalyst Operating Range: 500°F-650°F
*Multiple units can be used in tandem for higher flow rates.