Dyacon - Flat Surface Thermistor Probe
TSFS‑1™ is a flat surface temperature sensor with stainless steel probe body. It is used to measure surface temperature, such as for solar panels.
Flat Surface Thermistor Probe TSFS-1™ that can be directly attached to flat surfaces. Acrylic foam tape provides a high-strength bond and holds the metallic probe in direct contact with the surface.
The TSFS-1 is double encased and then overmolded. The stainless steep probe is double potted and tightly swaged (formed) around the cable. The swaging forms a liquid-tight mechanical seal and excellent strain relief.
TSFS-1 is suitable for a wide range of temperature measurement applications, including:
– Solar panel (photovoltaic)
– Liquid submersion
– Tank temperature
In addition, when used with Dyacon Control Modules, the temperature value is included in weather reports and can be used to trigger text message alarms.
The Flat Surface Thermistor Probe uses the Dyacon TSSP‑1, which is a precision sensing element in a robust, waterproof package.
Unlike other stainless steel probes, TSSP‑1 is swaged, with the stainless steel enclosure formed around the double-potted sensor element. This construction forms a very durable probe assembly that will not crack or separate in cyclical temperature or vibration environments.
An included cable length of 6 m (20 ft) minimizes the need for cuts and splices.
TSFS-1™uses and overmolded Dyacon TSSP-1, a stainless steel thermistor probe. The probe is double potted with thermally conductive epoxy and swaged in a stainless steel probe. The swaged enclosure increases the cable strain relief and sensor sealing. The sensor is designed to neither crack nor come loose from the stainless steel tip, even in high temperature cycling environments.
3M VHB adhesive is used to attach TSFS and keep the metallic probe in direct contact with the surface, while the overmolding minimizes the effect of ambient air temperature.
An interchangeability value of 0.1°C ensures that TSFS-1™ thermistors are field replaceable without further calibration.Installation
TSFS-1is installed in a Dyacon Control Module, the user can simply enable the thermistor configuration through the menu, and probe measurements will be included in the condition reports.
- Resistance: 10 k ohms @ 25°C
- Tolerance: +/- 0.1°C (within 0°C to 70°C/ 32°F to 158°F)
- Measurement Range: -40°C to 105°C (-40°F to 220°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 105°C (-40°F to 220°F)
- Interchangeability Error: +/- 0.1°C (within 0°C to 70°C/ 32°F to 158°F)
- Dissipation Constant: 2 mW/C in still air
- Sealed: IP68
- Cable to Thermistor Connection: Thermistor leads welded to cable
- Submersion Depth: >2 m (6 ft)
- Cable Length: 6.1 m (20 ft)
- Wire: 22 AWG, 7 x 30, tin plated, PVC
- Cable Jacket: PVC, gray
- Cable Diameter: 3.8 mm (0.15 in)
- Probe Dimensions: 4.8 mm x 38.1 mm (0.188 in x 1.5 in)
- Weight: 100 g (4 oz)
- Probe Materials: Thermoplastic elastomer overmold, swaged in 305 stainless steel probe
- Overmold Material: Polyamide
- Adhesive: 3M VHB 4941 acrylic tape